ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did the DIY Sleepy Eye mod today. I used 14 ga wire and my switch is rated 12V and 20 Amps. (I know the fuse is 30 amps but I think I'll be ok)
Now my question is this, even when the keys are out and all the switches are off, if the lights are half way, the lamp on the dash lights up. I'de just like to know an actual value of how much juice it's taking. (I.e. I don't want a dead battery after work)

Where abouts should I take a reading? Do I have to take the dash cluster out?

Can I measure it from the fuse?

P.S. My 'ish is so boro right now! I got this big ugly stainless rocker switch hanging out from an empty switch socket next to the ignition. Ugg. I need to find a better looking switch and I'll manufacture a proper slot to fit the socket. Any tips on sites that'll have proper switches.

·
Registered
484 Posts
are you sure you did it right? i did mine and i don't have the light on at all.... i hope you didn't splice the actual power to power the headlights... because you can just splice the signal from the relay instead..

as for switches, you can try MRO electronics since your in edmonton, it's on 170st near west ed going north JUST past shaw cable on your right hand side.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
theres 2 ways to wire it, the way little.one.der did it allows you to have your headlights on with the lights in the "sleepy" position.

Im not sure what kind of draw it has on the battery though. I recently rewired mine that way but if I know the car is going to be sitting all day or all night I just flip the switch and let them close.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts