ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures sometime later...

But besides the point.

I need acouple things for it such as the interior left and right strikers.

(from DOTNET)

I also need the plates that are underneath the exterior deck caps(have zipties around franken bolts right now :mrgreen: )

Anyone here has these items for sale or lying around at a good price?

Thanks,

-Paul

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I replaced the little plates under the chrome covers when I restored my hardtop. They've got a nylon leading edge and adjust so that you can get perfect fitment. I don't have my receipt handy but they weren't expensive - like $8 each.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
"restored your hardtop"?

More info on this? I need to "restore" mine as well, but when i say "restore" i mean "Find a way to reattach the sheared off frankenstein latch on my driver's side of the hardtop".
-M

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I foolishly bought a hardtop that had a shattered rear window due to vandalism thinking that I could fix it up for cheap with my Mazdaspeed parts discount. I was going to replace the rear window and paint it myself but there was hidden damage that I didn't see when purchased and I decided I didn't want to deal with it. So I took it to a shop to have the cracks in the SMC repaired and painted Classic Red. The body shop took forever but they did fix all the cracks. However, they did a crappy job on the paint, choosing to cover the area around the window seal with black texturized paint instead of fixing the little nicks and chips and painting the whole thing body color. They also riveted a couple of the latches on instead of fixing the screw holes that got stripped out either by the previous owner or the shop (it's unclear). To make up for all the delays and sorry excuses they offered to install the window for me for free (I had planned to still do this part myself) and I relented. They threw away the window dam that I spend $25 on resulting in a sloppy job with the adhesive sealant leaving a goopy mess all around the inside window edge. Total cost at body shop $990 ($300 of which was paint). Add to that about $500 in oem parts (rear window glass, seals, chrome covers, etc.) plus $400 for the damaged top in the first place and the total comes to around $2000. Proof that some lessons are learned the expensive way and that you can't always do it better/cheaper yourself. I should've just paid $900 and picked up a top ready to go.

·
1,213 Posts
I foolishly bought a hardtop that had a shattered rear window due to vandalism thinking that I could fix it up for cheap with my Mazdaspeed parts discount. I was going to replace the rear window and paint it myself but there was hidden damage that I didn't see when purchased and I decided I didn't want to deal with it. So I took it to a shop to have the cracks in the SMC repaired and painted Classic Red. The body shop took forever but they did fix all the cracks. However, they did a crappy job on the paint, choosing to cover the area around the window seal with black texturized paint instead of fixing the little nicks and chips and painting the whole thing body color. They also riveted a couple of the latches on instead of fixing the screw holes that got stripped out either by the previous owner or the shop (it's unclear). To make up for all the delays and sorry excuses they offered to install the window for me for free (I had planned to still do this part myself) and I relented. They threw away the window dam that I spend $25 on resulting in a sloppy job with the adhesive sealant leaving a goopy mess all around the inside window edge. Total cost at body shop $990 ($300 of which was paint). Add to that about $500 in oem parts (rear window glass, seals, chrome covers, etc.) plus $400 for the damaged top in the first place and the total comes to around $2000. Proof that some lessons are learned the expensive way and that you can't always do it better/cheaper yourself. I should've just paid $900 and picked up a top ready to go.
I know exactly what you mean Kyle, O dod a pretty similar thing and found out the hard way too !!! if you want a hard top geta new one or one in mint condition :wink:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If you need the ones that bolt to the inside of the car, next to the seats, I've got a set of those laying around...

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have the left and right strikers?

Or the ones that eliminate the latches and strikers and are replaced with 4 bolts and a bracket?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts