ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wake up at the crack of dawn, drive over to the local chp office.

Get there around 8pm.. walk into the office and I tell the officer i need to get 2 fix it tickets signed off..

He looks at the 1st one (modified exhaust) he looks at me and asks me if i took my car to a ref.? I said no for what? i have the stock exhaust on why would i need to have a decibal test done.. he doesn't reply.. he doesn't even look at it.

He looks at the 2nd ticket (no front plate).. he walks out to my car and goes ok you have the front plate on.. he walks back inside the office about to sign off the plate. Then he goes you know what i think its too low.. he walks back outside with a measuring tape. "yep its too low.." the plate needs to be 12'' off the floor..

so basically I wasted an entire morning.. I got till next tuesday to get the exhaust ticket signed off..

anyone know if I can take my car to any ref. or?

also anyone know how i get an extention on the ticket make the date longer?

#-o

-Andrew

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't know where exactly in L.A. County you are, but I believe Pierce College in Woodland Hills has a ref. station in their Automotive area...if you are close, it might be worth a phone call.

·
Registered
459 Posts
hey crimson mx5. i took mine to the east los angeles comm. coll. don't know where u at but lot of college do referee, state referee checks. i had a loud honda, and passed with 93dba. and didn't give a shi- bout being pulled over afterwards. just shut up, took the ticket, go to court and pay$10 process fee. hit up 411 and ask for 800#for state ref.

good luck bro, fight the sound cops.
p.s. i modded my honda to use 04 SI muff. and went catless...after i got the certificate of course. and never got harassed again.
long story short, in cali, u may want to try other free flowin stock exhausts. if u do this project, let me know whats cheap and fits.

new miata owner

richard

·
Registered
931 Posts
you should have mounted the bottom holes of your front plate, then put it back when your done.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My dad's car didn´t pass MOT because the front licence plate was 29cm and it has to be 30cm (12") from the floor.

·
Registered
582 Posts
dude try not taking it back there anymore. you can take it to any sheriffs dept. but you have to pay 10-15$. for chp i think its free but they're too much trouble. save yourself some trouble and take it to a sheriffs dept.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dude try not taking it back there anymore. you can take it to any sheriffs dept. but you have to pay 10-15$. for chp i think its free but they're too much trouble. save yourself some trouble and take it to a sheriffs dept.

should i just bring the car as is...

as in don't take my car to ref. and just show up with stock exhaust and front plate still low?

·
Registered
582 Posts
so what happened? I'm sorry i havent checked back in here. i was going to say yeah jsut take it how it is. but to sheriffs dept. not chp.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts