ClubRoadster.net banner

So My car totally got hit last night.

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  FooSchnickens 
#1 ·
So Driving home last night, I was in the left lane going straight across an intersection and the car in the middle lane decided to turn left... right into my passenger side fender. The damage is minor, just body pannels I think, but might get expensive to fix. It would be hard to show it in a photo. plus By the time I got home It was dark so no good to try then. Filed a claim with insurance. Hopefully I can get my bumper and fender replaced and painted.

I wonder If I get the claim to go through how much extra it would cost to get the body shop to respray the whole car...

#6 ·
I am having My insurance go after their insurance. Less work for me.
More money in the long run though, at fault or not, your insurance company will usually note on your record an incident, and that raises a redflag for incidents... if your record is clean, you're probably close to okay, or it'll be such a small increase that it's not worth the headache. ;)

My friend Mike does the same thing you did though. He's of the opinion that he pays his insurance good money to deal with that crap FOR him. Can't fault his logic, but my mom was an insurance broker for 20 years. I don't trust any people in that industry, so I do all my own legwork like that. ;)

Glad it's getting taken care of though.

#7 ·
basically you can get more if you ask them to blend the paint in which usually means to pain the hood bumper and door. maybe...

it would prolly cost you a couple hundred more not that much more to paint the entire car. gl with that pm me if you want advice on how best handle your insurance claim.

#13 ·
Update: I still haven't head back from the claim agent from the other person's insurance company and it has been a week since the claim was opened with them. I Took the car to a body shop that I like to get an estimate and they said it'd be $1500 to fix it up. I guess I'll try calling the claim agent on Monday.

Anyone know anything about USAA? it seems odd to me that the claim agent is in the mountain time zone... well and odd that they haven't called me back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.