ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to work this morning 7am, just cruising along wishing it wasnt raining, I look down at my guages and ut ohh the battery light is on, I look to the right and the tempo guage is just b4 the red mark. I hit the blinker and pull off to the side on 95. I popped the hood and what do I see. The freakin bottom mounting bolt for the alternator is hanging out. I look aroung some more and tho top bolt that mounts to alternator to the adjusting block is broken and part of it is still in tha alternator. So I let it cool down and I limp it out of harms way(off the next exit). My buddt comes and gives me a rind to Home Depot to get a new nut and bolt. I botled her back up as tight as I could and limp her home. So after work today im gonna have to pull the alternator out and drill that top bolt out so I can puit a new one in. Well sorry this is so long but I just needed to vent.

Phil

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like this is a common problem. That said if I do in fact have to remove the alternator, does if come out from the top or bottom?

Phil

·
Registered
563 Posts
The bottom bolt worked its way out of my alternator once at an autocross. Sucks trying to work on your car just so you can make it home while everyone else is running.

Ya I think pulling it out the bottom would be a lot easier.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My powersteering bolt & nut fell out..

I couldn't figure out why I had no power steering though the slalom. Come to find out my pump was hanging on by just the tentioner bolt!!

Not fun..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts