ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To run all the sweet SouthWest'ish tracks w. my next miata.. and also hit as many as possible on my way across country on a trip home! This is what I got so far. Some outliers that are probably long shots and I'd love to run a bunch of tracks in the SouthEast as well so maybe this will turn into one of those life long adventures that will undoubtedly give me some stories to tell!
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...2,-100.59082&spn=24.268689,51.459961&z=5&om=1
There's my "map" and as you can see my hometown is in NE Ohio.. 20min from Nelson's.
So far I've run Nelson's (OH)
Firebird Int. (Main-East-West(AZ))
Phoenix Int. (AZ)
I'm pulling the track info from a cool site here: http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/RoadCourses.html
The cool thing about it is I'll probably have to start all-over when my son starts driving! haha

So, who's run where? Anyone else on a similar journey!? Do tell. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Road Atlanta and Summit Point... I'll be hitting more once the house is sold and i'm not carrying two mortgages.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well in California, if you want butt puckering speed, you can try the Big track at Willow Springs.

But in Cali my favorite "easy access" track is Buttonwillow racweway. Laguna Seca is the "must drive" track and Infineon is cool but IMO not a real "dont miss" type of thing.

Northern Cali has thunderhill which is supposed to be great.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not mentioned in the Southwest and worth the drive you have:

Sandia motorsports park
Arroyo Seco
LVMS
Pueblo motorsports park
Motorsports Ranch

Keep in mind that Grand Junction is mainly a kart track, out of the colorado tracks Pueblo is mucho mass cherry chingon.

I <3 Laguna Seca

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
I've done Nelson in my Neon before I got the Miata. The last company I was with rented it out for a day. It was the best day of my life and I am being completely serious. Loads of fun. I ran probably at least 50 laps the whole day, and started taking people for rides and I even got to drive one of the guy's Vipers around twice (spun it into the grass once on the turn just before the pits).
Towards the end I was REALLY pushing it and came around the carousel at about 80 and the rear end stepped out when I hit the switch in pavement, I recovered but the back end hit the grass again and it was all over. I ended up spinning my Neon BACKWARDS into the tire wall at about 60 mph. Corner impact = no airbags ftw... and I just knocked my lip kit off and scuffed the rear bumper (it buffed out) :)

I've done Beaverun's (PA) big (north?) track in the Dodge SRT lineup with the SRT Track Experience, but didn't really get to push it, as we followed instructors around moderately quick. Best to worst in SRT trim: Crossfire > Jeep > Charger > Magnum > 300C.

I just recently visited Mid-O to watch One Lap of America cars run, but have never ran on it. Looks fun, though.

I wish the open track days at Nelson weren't $120 for 5 hours. I can't spend that kind of jack. :lol:

I wanna run my Miata at Nelson............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts