ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gettin the turbo installed!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm all stressed out!!!!!!!! It needs to be done by monday or tuesday of next week. I have a car show on june 10th, and need to be able to drive the car 250 miles on the 9th. The fab guy knows the schedule I'm under, and assures me that the car will be done in time... but as I'm a bit high strung about the car anyway, I'm a bit freaked out.

For those that don't know about my setup... it is as follows
57 trim t3/t4 turbo
jgs tools manifold
tial 38mm wastegate
rx7 460's
Hydra nemisis with wideband... woot woot!
front mount
custom 2.5" intercooler and exhaust piping to borla rear section.
Jim B inline boost controller (lookin for 9psi)

I need to go get a new upper intake manifold gasket tomorrow for when I do the injector install early next week (read monday most likely) And I need to re-affirm that the car will be done in time tomorrow also. I just dropped the boost controller and some more 2.5" mandrel bends off today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually my buddies side business, out of his garage. He and Hid brother do sick work, and have built a couple low low 11 second hondas. and have a mid 10 second s14 240.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm sure that a turbo is a wonderful and marvelous thing and I would love to have one too, but I wouldn't love it enough to take it to bed with me! Is that thing lying on your pillow?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Such a big turbo for 9 psi.. Going more for the looks of a big snail for the show element?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
didn't get finished in time for the show, had an issue with the downpipe and some other small stuff to deal with. I put a stop to our flailing about thursday night at around 1 am.... figured that it wasn't worth risking problems in order to just get it running. we could have rigged it up but I'm not sure how reliable it would have been, and the drive to the show is a 3 hour trip (not the time to have car trouble)

Car should be up and running the beginning of next week. I have to send the hydra out for a re-flash to support this new wideband they are using, and be able to autotune the car before I actually get it on the dyno for fine tuning.

As for the big snail... it has a garret ball bearing center section, so spool won't be an issue. I was really looking for the most flow I could get at lower boost levels, and some headroom for my future goals. We'll have to see how it works out for me. I have seen it all bolted up, and it does look badass though....

I was away for a car show this weekend, and hangin out with my street bike riding buddies....and noticed something.....

The 06' CBR 600rr has a radiator fan that looks like it would fit wonderfully behind my intercooler.... I figure I could wire 2 of them in series and use them as puller fans to make sure that the radiator got enough air at highway speeds, and that the intercooler got enough air-flow at lower speeds.... That thing moves alot of air! And I think it's slim enough to work in my application. Along with the ntercooler spray kit I plan on, I figure that even on the hottest days I won't have any intake or water temp problems....

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah... forgot to mention that my buddy's S2K won 2nd place in the "honda other" class, and he got a nice trophy to show off for it....

and I'm pretty sure I would have walked away with the 1st place mazda trophy had the car made it down.... the dude that won drove a millenia that had spinners...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts