ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ug.....

Well, I'm back. Not that I was here much before. lol.

I owned a 92 miata last summer for about 2 months, and had to sell it because I needed some cash for another project. It seems like I've regretted it since day 1.

The miata I had was in really really good shape, I had picked it up for $1800 with 90k miles on it, and it had no mechanical problems or major blemishes etc. Anyways, I'll leave it at that since every time I start thinking about it, I get sick because I'm so pissed I sold it.

So here I am, a year later, and starting to plan out a miata project. I just can't deny how much fun that car was to drive, I absolutely enjoyed every minute I was in the drivers seat.

Right now I am driving a civic turbo that I built this last winter. It's got over 230whp at 10psi, and it's pretty damn quick (13.8 in the 1/4), but it's just not a miata. I may be crazy, but I would rather drive a gutless miata than a boosted civic. I'm sure many of you feel the same way, which is why you drive miatas!

Anyways, just wanted to say hello, I'm sure I'll be spending much more time on here from here on out. Last summer I spent some time over at miata.net but realizes that there are a lot of old people over there that aren't really into the style miata that I love. That's why I like this place.

Well, I will leave it at that! I will be buying a miata as soon as I can find a good deal and the project will start from there. This time, I won't be selling it for a long long time. lol

Laters.

Oh, here are some pics of my civic project, a fun car, but it's no miata.

P.S. recognize the wheels?? :wink: [/img]

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome back!!! sorta. Anyway, I feel ya man I'm driving an EF also while my miata is down. There is just something about these cars that you have to love and enjoy.

Ahh anyways, can't wait to see what you pick up.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yup.. I missed mine so much I bought 2!! LOL!!

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
The old turbo single slammer.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Welcome back!!! sorta. Anyway, I feel ya man I'm driving an EF also while my miata is down. There is just something about these cars that you have to love and enjoy.

Ahh anyways, can't wait to see what you pick up.
I doing the exact same thing. 89 civic i picked up in april

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like Miata wheels on the EF
Bingo. I masked the lip off and painted them black. The cheapest lightest wheels ever!! A great wheel for $100 :D

I haven't put this one up for sale yet. I'm debating parting it out and selling the shell or just taking all the turbo stuff off and selling it as a stock single slammer. I'm not sure yet. I'm also kind of contemplating keeping it and having it as a second car. Well, third since I have a Scion as well. lol

But yeah, it's got a small T3 .42/.48 turbo with a 50 trim comp wheel. I could totally throw that on the miata, and use the same intercooler as well. Hmmm.... boosted miata > boosted civic.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Bingo. I masked the lip off and painted them black. The cheapest lightest wheels ever!! A great wheel for $100 :D
I thought there was a lip in the civic hubs that would prevent miata wheels from fitting on them (tried to put my stocks on my wife's EK)? Is this still true for the EF? If so what did you do to fit the wheels on there?

Only reason I am asking is that I have a set of stock miata wheels wrapped in (like new) azenis!!!

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought there was a lip in the civic hubs that would prevent miata wheels from fitting on them (tried to put my stocks on my wife's EK)? Is this still true for the EF? If so what did you do to fit the wheels on there?

Only reason I am asking is that I have a set of stock miata wheels wrapped in (like new) azenis!!!
You are correct. The miata wheel hub is a smaller diameter than the civic hub. I used a grinding tool to bore the hubs out a bit, and then had the wheels balanced. You don't really have to take that much off the hub to get them to fit, but yeah, you do need to bore the hub out a hair.

I've only seen a few hondas with miata wheels, and I get complements on them all the time. lol. People always ask me if they are real panasports or konigs, lol.

They are almost as light as the Civic HX wheels and way cheaper. Strong too.

·
Registered
563 Posts
^^Dang you, now you have got me thinking about grinding mine. I haven't been to an autocross all year and a weekend with some proper tires would make me feel like a new man.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts