ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mainly am going for a better sound. i drive a 99 NB. the HP is going to be 1hp apart so i don't really care. i just don't want the godawful tin-can sound under acceleration.

right now, i'm looking at the twin tip muffler from racing beat because i hear good things about their products and their intake is probably one of the best out there that doesn't require you to drill a hole somewhere.

also, i'm looking at the roadstersport3 single tip exhaust because everyone seems to like their sound.

any advice?

i'm probably going to be pairing it with either the AEM intake or the racing beat intake.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks so much nappy!

the biggest difference between the two seem to be the initial startup. the race sounds a lot like a harley. while the sport2 just sounds... well, sporty. i'll probably go with the sport 3 (for the NB) since i don't want many complaints around my neighborhood. i was very pleasantly surprised that neither of them sounded like those tin-can civics. they maintained a loud growl at high revs rather than going from a low growl to a high pitched buzz.

·
Registered
187 Posts
no problem, and yes the sport is a bit ricey sounding but its all pref. im going to be getting my exhaust later this week or early next week and yes i am shotting for LOUD :mrgreen: 2.5' straight pipe non-resonated with a universal turbo muffler all on an N/A 02 NB :twisted: flanged at the diff and muffler but like I said its all pref. glad my link helped if you need anything else let me know.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
thanks so much nappy!

the biggest difference between the two seem to be the initial startup. the race sounds a lot like a harley. while the sport2 just sounds... well, sporty. i'll probably go with the sport 3 (for the NB) since i don't want many complaints around my neighborhood. i was very pleasantly surprised that neither of them sounded like those tin-can civics. they maintained a loud growl at high revs rather than going from a low growl to a high pitched buzz.
man that links getting passed around everywhere! haha

someone showed it to me when I was asking about the RS race exhaust.

I think the RS 3 exhaust would sound closer to the RS 2

·
Registered
187 Posts
man that links getting passed around everywhere! haha

someone showed it to me when I was asking about the RS race exhaust.

I think the RS 3 exhaust would sound closer to the RS 2
haha yeah that link is getting passed around everywhere, i belive you gave it to me boogie van :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Racing beat. Quality is awesome, sounds great (great for daily driving), and they are awesome to deal with. And for the roadstersport (Goodwin Racing) I reall didn't like dealing with them and the RoadsterSport 2 I had hung too low and was hitting my sub-frame brace. Brian said I mounted it wrong... :roll:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I like my racing beat single tip...... sounds good.... not too loud at all, nice deep sound.

Didn't go for the twin tip because I didn't want to go cutting the bumper....

and by the way..... my racing beat is for sale if you are interested.....Pics are on my cardomain.... shoot me a PM if you'd be interested

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i went ahead and placed the order for the Roadstersport3. the video was the main driving point in my decision.

although, i have to ask... does anyone know where i can get dyno charts of the roadstersport mufflers on a stock NB?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts