ClubRoadster.net banner

1021 - 1040 of 1075 Posts

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
I've seen multiple recommendations for Vagabond, so I think I'll start on that today.

I enjoyed the anime, Erased, so much that I couldn't wait for the new episodes and had to start reading the manga. Went through 38 chapters of the manga in two days at work, and now have to wait for new chapters -_-

I'll claim it is THE anime of the season. Very dark and depressing, and one of those time travel stories similar to Stein Gate, but told in a much better fashion.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
I havn't watched any of the special episodes of OPM after the season ended. I really want to, though.

Up to chapter 20 in Vagabond. Enjoying it a lot. I'll def see it through to the end by the weekend.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any above average animes this season? I havnt found anything intriguing other than OPM since summer :-\
Dude watch Erased. It's kind of a serious show, its definitely nothing like OPM, but oh man it is soooooo

SOOOOOOOOO

good.

I can't remember the last time i was so engrossed and invested in any show, let alone an anime.

Just watch the first episode and I think you'll be hooked. It doesn't even need 3.

I don't want to tell you anything abut it because anything I say will spoil it. It's on crunchyroll and new episodes come out on Thursdays.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
:lol:

I'll admit the killer in Erased wasn't that hard to figure out. I had it guessed after the 2nd episode of him going back in time. Now its turning into a mind game battle (in the manga)

I wish they would make an anime for Vagabond. Just finished the chapters where he defeats 70 samurai all by himself. This man is like a ronin version of Guts from Berserk, but with normal sized weapons.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Currently up to chapter 260 in Vagabond. Been trying to switch to Terra Formars and Until Death Do Us Part every once and awhile, but Vagabond has been keeping my attention.

Waiting on new chapters from:
Bleach
Boku dake ga inai machi
Hajime no Ippo
One Punch Man
Shingeki no kyojin
Helck
Sun-Ken Rock

(last two being my favorite)

Also just came across a manga about using butts and breasts to wrestle with and found it to be a pretty hilarious concept, so just started. It's called Keijo!!!!!!!! (yes, with lots of exclamation marks)

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
Somewhat anime related (if you can guess the anime):

Heck, when you think about it...the generation of kids that FIRST played Pokemon would be old enough to have kids pre-school at the least.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
So I read yesterday (probably old news to people who pay attention) that there's going to be new episodes of FLCL coming out in '17-'18?! Some collaboration of Production IG and Cartoon Network's Toonami.

I'm scared. At this point that show is probably more cinematically sacred to me than the OG Star Wars movies.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
So I read yesterday (probably old news to people who pay attention) that there's going to be new episodes of FLCL coming out in '17-'18?! Some collaboration of Production IG and Cartoon Network's Toonami.

I'm scared. At this point that show is probably more cinematically sacred to me than the OG Star Wars movies.
Really? It was 6 episodes (the dub SUCKS, btw).

Curious where they plan to take the story.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
Fck u Brayan! The dub was fine!
As with most shows, however I watched it first is the way I'll always prefer it. That said, I didn't like any of the dub voices.

Of course, there *are* shows I like the dub for. For example, I actually have trouble watching Cowboy Bebop in Japanese. The English voice acting is pretty tight.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
As with most shows, however I watched it first is the way I'll always prefer it. That said, I didn't like any of the dub voices.

Of course, there *are* shows I like the dub for. For example, I actually have trouble watching Cowboy Bebop in Japanese. The English voice acting is pretty tight.
I could only agree. Spice and Wolf was also better with the dub imo.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
Really? It was 6 episodes (the dub SUCKS, btw).

Curious where they plan to take the story.
I found it to be one of the few series where I liked both audio tracks.
The "where do they go" and "why is this nessesary" is what has me scratching my head.
I've always found it's delivery as a manically quick (but indescribably pleasant) blow to the head is near perfectly executed.
Now a different writer and director and what most likely will be new vioce actors, 15+ years later (which would make Naota what, 27?) think there's somehow a way to continue a kid's coming of age story? I can't fathom how they are going to work this.
I seriously doubt it will be anywhere near as bad as something likely Anno's Eva re-boot troll fest, but I also really hope this isn't just Adult Swim trying to make a cash grab. They could really do with some new, quality, original content that isn't The Venture Bros.

1021 - 1040 of 1075 Posts