ClubRoadster.net banner

1041 - 1060 of 1075 Posts

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Dissapointed in My Hero Academia anime. The manga is so good and entertaining, but the anime is decent at best. The artwork is "okay," but they leave so much out of the story that is missing the entire feeling of desperation that the character has in it. And reading all of the yelling in the manga is okay, but having to listen to it is entirely annoying. Still gonna keep up with it as their is lots of room for great action scenes, though.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Thank you for the recommendation on "Erased", good anime.
I could only agree.

Does anyone know how far the manga goes in SaW after the anime's second season? I usually don't read manga after an anime because it doesn't have the same feel, but since this is the fourth time around of watching it I'm done waiting for a season 3.

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Isekai Shokudou
Quan Zhi Gao Shou
Koe no Katachi
Blame!
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt
Onihei
Youjo Senki
Reikenzan
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
JoJo
Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Berserk
Owari no Seraph

·
Mufasa in Training
31,668 Posts
Real talk...this is pretty well animated. Not mention that the song is a bit of an ear worm.

This is the Lupin opening I always picture:

The 2015 reboot is pretty neat, too:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, it wasn't until the 2nd series that Lupin became what everyone knows as Lupin. And the 2015 series with it's parallax 3D effect OP is great. Another great more recent Lupin series is The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. It's got this gritty, sort of noir-ish animation style that also reminds me of manga artwork.

On the theme of anime with a heavy music influence...

Personally, my #2 rated series.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,668 Posts
Yoko Kanno has done some great work. She's such a weird interview, though. I saw one where I swear she was going to just randomly lick herself like a cat...weird.

That said...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've been watching way more new anime than usual this past year. Not really been one for currently airing shows, but Cranchy Roll makes it too easy.

Anyways, I've been keeping up with the following.

Fastest Finger First
In Another World with My Smartphone
Knights & Magic
Gamers!
My First Girlfriend is a Gal
Sakura Quest
Dragon Ball Super
My Hero Academia

In Another World with My Smartphone, My First Girlfriend is a Gal, and Knights & Magic are pretty much junk, but oddly entertaining junk since they're all so awful.

Fastest Finger First, Gamers!, and Sakura Quest are quite good. Sakura Quest being a wonderful gem of a show. I'm actually a bit behind on Sakura Quest, but only because it's so good I want to put it off untill it's finished. Oh, and ah, Fastest Finger First is about quiz bowls, not masturbation.

As for the shonen series, well, DB Super is disappointing, sadly. My Hero Academia on the other hand is neat and fun.

Not anime, but anime derived, watching the Death Note live action movie on Netflix now. It just hit me that William Defoe is the voice of Ryuk (the shinigami). Gotta say, that's a hell of a casting choice.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,715 Posts
Bring Back Compartmentalized Off-Topic Threads 2k19

Finished Darling in the Franxx. The first half is one of the best anime I've seen lately. Second half was like another writing team took over with absolutely no concept of what the first writing team's goals were for the show. Very strange, but the first half can honestly be taken almost on its own.

Also finished Neo Yokio, a Netflix Original anime starring... Jaden Smith. And Jude Law (??????!?!?). And Richard Ayoade (!?!??!?!?). It's described by critics as "a first-party abridged series for an anime that doesn't exist" or "the world's most elaborate shitpost" which is fairly accurate. What caught me off guard is that after three episodes I found myself really into it and at the end of the season I find myself anticipating Season 2. There's a whole 5 or 6 episodes at 20 minutes apiece so there's basically no excuse to not binge it.

1041 - 1060 of 1075 Posts