ClubRoadster.net banner

1061 - 1075 of 1075 Posts

·
100% Jakedashian
7,239 Posts
Is Little Witch Academia any good? Trying to figure out what to watch next. May attempt to get back into Bleach after giving up on it because I found it far too slow.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,313 Posts
I've started reading a LOT more manga. It's easier to do than trying to binge watch shows.

·
Bringing foxy back.
3,014 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm sure there's a German word for "I'm actually into it on a theoretical level, but I can never manage to actually do the thing": I used to read a couple mangas, but I kinda stopped, and I've only actually watched like half of OHSHC (which is a fucking brilliant show) and S1E01 of Noragami. Those, and Your Name. Fucking hell, was that brilliant.
I'm also writing a couple.
And by writing a couple I mean there are two I think about for a good 10% of the day minimum, every day, since I came up with them, and another couple I came up with premises for and failed to come up with anything else since.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,313 Posts
Still reading manga.

If you want something hilarious but short: Gokushufudou: The Way of the House Husband

Basic story: Yakuza hitman becomes extremely dedicated house husband (ie he stays home while wifey works). Much [mostly unintentional] hilarity ensues.

If you want to die of diabetes from one of the sweetest manga I've ever read: T Sensei

Synopsis: male nursery teacher tells stories about his job. Kids are achingly adorable sometimes.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you want something hilarious but short:
You can't begin to understand how hard I'm holding back a penis joke right now.
He really looks like he's not having any of that particular cabbage's shenanigans.

If you want to die of diabetes from one of the sweetest manga I've ever read:
If cuteness could hurt me, I'd likely be the first person to ever have gotten killed by a Miata without even having gotten near one.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll be sure to give them a go!
If you've read Assassination Classroom, pretty much the only series I've lived to read the end of, and not quite coincidentally by far the best I've read, what were your thoughts?
If not, DO. NOW.
And this also goes for all of you other bast- all of you people.

It's far, far better than what the subject (a supersonic vandalistic smiling octopus, no it's not a Mary Poppins song) would perhaps hint.
According to my two cents, it managed to both be deep (deeper than a lot of other works who tried too hard to be so) and light-hearted (at times, actually making me laugh, something not usually achieved by Japanese humor), it managed to make a math test seem as engaging as a heist (and vice versa!), it managed to always feel like a crescendo while remaining so tightly knit it's easy to imagine it having been written in one sitting, and, most impressively, it managed to take morals into consideration much more than you could ever expect a manga literally about murder to. Oh, and you should see the character development! You know that feeling, after reading a really good work, of knowing the protagonist inside and out? That's kinda hard to pull off with one character. They did it with a CLASS.
Oh yeah, great art and all that stuff.
For the anime folks out there there's an adaptation that's said to be good. I haven't seen it though (partly because I didn't need to, partly because I'm none too keen to find out what the monster sounds like), so I can't comment on that.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,239 Posts
I watched the Assassination Classroom anime. 10/10 bought a plush. One of my favorites for sure, I love the care and nuance that was put into the subject matter and the characters are so darn likeable. The humor and pacing were excellent, as well.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll be sure to give them a go!
If you've read Assassination Classroom, pretty much the only series I've lived to read the end of, and not quite coincidentally by far the best I've read, what were your thoughts?
If not, DO. NOW.
And this also goes for all of you other bast- all of you people.

It's far, far better than what the subject (a supersonic vandalistic smiling octopus, no it's not a Mary Poppins song) would perhaps hint.
According to my two cents, it managed to both be deep (deeper than a lot of other works who tried too hard to be so) and light-hearted (at times, actually making me laugh, something not usually achieved by Japanese humor), it managed to make a math test seem as engaging as a heist (and vice versa!), it managed to always feel like a crescendo while remaining so tightly knit it's easy to imagine it having been written in one sitting, and, most impressively, it managed to take morals into consideration much more than you could ever expect a manga literally about murder to. Oh, and you should see the character development! You know that feeling, after reading a really good work, of knowing the protagonist inside and out? That's kinda hard to pull off with one character. They did it with a CLASS.
Oh yeah, great art and all that stuff.
For the anime folks out there there's an adaptation that's said to be good. I haven't seen it though (partly because I didn't need to, partly because I'm none too keen to find out what the monster sounds like), so I can't comment on that.
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu is absolutely amazing! I loved the manga and have recently been watching the show on Hulu. I also feared what they might make him sound like, especially his nurufufufufu laugh. However, they did a splendid job...at least in the Japanese version I am watching. I fear the dub as I usually find the voice acting in dubs to be extremely poor. Animation quality is also pretty good, the way they animated when Korosensei flies off is sweet!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I watched the Assassination Classroom anime. 10/10 bought a plush. One of my favorites for sure, I love the care and nuance that was put into the subject matter and the characters are so darn likeable. The humor and pacing were excellent, as well.
I bought merch too: a hoodie.
It got recognized by someone outside my friends (all of whom got introduced to it by me anyway) exactly once. And it was glorious.
By the way, one addition: it's the HOTTEST FUCKING HOODIE I HAVE, perhaps tying with a DC hoodie that's I believe meant to be a jacket.
And the only other piece of anime apparel I have, a Tokyo Ghoul jacket, is the single hottest piece of clothing we have. We ain't from Florida, mind you. We're from somewhere where a couple years ago people woke up with 8 meters of snow (yes, meters). We have some pretty heavy clothing, consequentially. And yet nothing as heavy as that jacket. What's with Japanese animation and clothing that makes such an explosive combo?

I also feared what they might make him sound like, especially his nurufufufufu laugh. However, they did a splendid job...at least in the Japanese version I am watching. I fear the dub as I usually find the voice acting in dubs to be extremely poor.
If you're looking for a great one, may I suggest Ouran High School Host Club: a dub worthy of the anime, and that's saying something. Speaking of which, may I point you to a post from the lead character's voice's Twitter.
https://twitter.com/caitlinsvoice/status/1015238221201072128

Anyhow, great to see people appreciate it as much as I do! :D

·
100% Jakedashian
7,239 Posts
I didn't realize they dubbed ass classroom. Huh. I'm a fan of the dubs for Hellsing Ultimate, Kill La Kill, and My Hero Academia.

Not technically "anime" but my wife and I just started watching the current season of RWBY and after a VERY rocky first episode I'm incredibly pleased. If you liked the first two seasons but quit watching (rightfully so) when the creator died and the fight choreography/writing in general lept off a cliff then I definitely suggest getting back into it in the latest season after maybe reading a plot summary of the last... 5 seasons or so?

1061 - 1075 of 1075 Posts