ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Murse Magnet
14,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who is florida is going to make it miata at the gap? I have a strong feeling that I am going to go this year. Anyone else?

·
Supporting Member
85 Posts
I am planning on making the trip. I can't think of any better way to test out the Vmax XXtreme's I ordered today. The roads up there are worth the drive, even on 22yr old worn out stock suspension. It is a place that you leave making plans for your next return. I love the 'Gap and all the fantastic roads leading to it and from it. If you have not been, it is a must see. The fact that it is only a day's drive away is simply a bonus!

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Beeeeer!
1,808 Posts
The Gap is overcrowded, too well known, lunatic motorcyclists, too much law enforcement, and has killer trucks that can't stay in their lanes when making the turns. Went to Boone last year which has the Snake and equivalent to the Dragon. Much lower key, multiple roads, and had a blast last year. Check it out:

http://miatasinboone.com/

Here's a sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQAxG4xWROE&list=PL4588BD23D78A3A5D&index=3&feature=plpp_video
Diggin it. Maybe next year with the girl would be nice to do it. Been to the GAP twice so going to a new location would be sort of refreshing, I would never do miatas at the gap with miata.net though lol, the old cr.net crowd was pretty nice

·
Murse Magnet
14,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey im 17. I would love to go somewhere where people appreciate their car regardless of their age. just recently I was at the markham park meet and there was a guy there from miata.net and he was rather old. I dont want to say age becuase I dont know but his son there was older than just about every guy there. I would say 30s. he had awesome stories of his car and really had a passion for it. i would much rather talk to people like that than people that want mad slam, hela flush... I have a feeling miatas at the gap attracts people who really car about handeling and their cars.

·
Beeeeer!
1,808 Posts
The old cr.net gang wasnt about bullshit slam terminology and flush, and it was all about driving, beer, moonshine and laughs. You're misunderstanding the atmosphere because of the influx of dicks that swarmed this forum in the past couple of years. One of the best drives I've ever done was with Tim the one and only owner of this forum and a bunch of old members in a caravan of 10+ cars going up Georgia into NC. It was a little more personal by the numbers that m.net seems to gather.

Also, you cant drive the gap in a slammed car without really bad consequences lol...

·
Murse Magnet
14,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ Well you seem like a pretty cool person. I you go ill try to keep an eye out for you and maybe we can chat.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The Gap is overcrowded, too well known, lunatic motorcyclists, too much law enforcement, and has killer trucks that can't stay in their lanes when making the turns.
Damn that is really nice up there in Boone. I wonder which one I should due. But the Gap is a must due, even though there is the downside to everything Minuteman048 said. But I do know that the truckers are no longer allowed on NC side to enter the roads to the Gap, any truck over 30 feet is prohibited. I think it should at lease make it more fun for some. Plus the cops are not bad during the off season for those who due come up. But when there is an announcement, like Miatas at the Gap, I bet TNHP and NCHP will see this and come out in force to write tickets.

·
enormous gay swords.
7,949 Posts
I'd be willing to go if i could meet up with fellow miata owners and convoy there. Would you take i95 up? I could travel over from Tally on i10 and meet you in Jacksonville!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.