ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,269 Posts
how big is the tear? think like Macgyver bro. get a bike intertube, cut it up lengthwise for thinner strips and wrap the sucker TIGHT. Use electrical tape to secure it and be generous with it. i did that for mine when i was driving at 2a in the morning from SD to Simi Valley. **** held for another two weeks cuz i was lazy. who knows how much longer it would have held since i got it replaced. good as a band-aid but of course not a permanent solution.

what you're doing is not patching the rip/tear/cut but you're forcing it closed and the wrapped tension will help secure that the hose doesn't open up (at that spot anyways) again. i actually did the same trick for when my top radiator hose ruptured. so it holds up to the pressure AND the heat.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Gorilla tape is really strong stuff too. If you wrapped the line really good with it, it might hold up long enough to get you out of there. As far as a cheap tow service goes, pepboys will tow your car for $20 if taking it to their shop. Signing up for AAA is often cheaper than just one tow, but you need atleast a day for the account to go active if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts