ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Patrick and I'm from a little town called Gilroy located in Northern California (Near San Jose) but I'm currently on my second year at Cal Poly Pomona studying mechanical engineering. Anyways, I've been on CR for a while but I haven't really posted much so I figure it's about that time.

Pictures when the car was first handed over to me

And some shitty cell phone pictures when I first got my new suspension installed :D

I've only had the chance to hit up KINOD once but I was only able to stay for like 5 minutes but hopefully I'll be able to stop by sometime next year if school doesn't get too crazy. Well thanks a lot for checking out my intro thread guys! :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
did you get this from Superman_with_heat(David's) old car?

EDIT: wait nvm, you're the guy that swapped suspension with him. haha i came to pick up his shakotans when you were there :p Anyway WELCOME!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys!

Look out for me next year because I'll try to make it out to a few KINOD's!

Anyways, anyone have any recommendations for an exhaust shop that can just reweld my exhaust for cheap? My dad wanted to go back to a stock exhaust so he got it done at a shop and the guy didn't weld the pipe straight from behind the cat so the exhaust is rubbing the differential during idle. Like I said before, I'm located in West Covina/Pomona area so let me know if anyone knows of a good/cheap shop in the area!

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
I'm located in West Covina/Pomona area so let me know if anyone knows of a good/cheap shop in the area!
welcome! you live in gilroy AND go to cal poly pomona??? what are you studying agriculture? lol
i'm like 2 miles up the hill from cal poly.
for exhaust shop look up 'valley muffler' its cheap, and you can haggle with em if you're good at that kinda thing. but the workmanship is meh. If you need something easy/quick done i'd recommend it.

there is also 'speedway muffler' located in rowland (off nogales) they do better work but a lil bit priced higher than valley

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to CR
Thanks man!

welcome! you live in gilroy AND go to cal poly pomona??? what are you studying agriculture? lol
i'm like 2 miles up the hill from cal poly.
for exhaust shop look up 'valley muffler' its cheap, and you can haggle with em if you're good at that kinda thing. but the workmanship is meh. If you need something easy/quick done i'd recommend it.

there is also 'speedway muffler' located in rowland (off nogales) they do better work but a lil bit priced higher than valley
Hahah I could never do anything related to agriculture! I'm on my second year at Cal Poly studying mechanical engineering. And I'll make sure to check out those shops when I'm back down there! I'm tired of hearing my exhaust hitting my differential every time I'm sitting at a stop light!

And I saw your car at the Royal Origin meet in Chino Hills last month as I was leaving so I didn't get to stop by and say what's up. But anyways thanks a lot!

welcum!

next break you have and go back to gilroy, come back with garlic. a ton of it.
I'm actually in Gilroy right now and I'm coming back down this friday.

Funny thing is that the only time that I actually eat anything with garlic is during the garlic festival every year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts