• 10 - to the south

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's use the science of statistics to choose a location for our regular meeting!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Whooo, Torrance... Again lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
all points south. Oceanside, north San Diego county.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think these polls are very accurate.

The first one you posted, there a lot from San Gabriel Valley. Now there's only 3 people...?
PLEASE VOTE AGAIN PEOPLE OR ELSE THE MEET WILL BE RELOCATED TO SUPER AUTOBACS SINCE THAT'S IN N.O.C. AND IT'S A GREAT WAY TO ATTRACT NEW MEMBERS.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Obviously, we need to change the KINOD weekly Friday night meet in City of Industry during the upcoming cold and wet winter months. It's not going to be much fun standing around in a dark, cold, wet parking lot every Friday night.

I'm going to stick my neck out to initiate a democratic process of choosing a new location and time.

I propose that we relocate the regular meeting spot and time to Super Autobacs in NOC on Sundays at 3 pm on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month. Feel free to post feedback on my proposal and your own suggestions.

Here's my thinking:

1 TIME OF DAY: daytime, so we can see what the hell we're looking at and don't freeze our asses off in the winter

2) DAY OF THE WEEK: on the weekend, not Friday night; so people who work M-F and are beat by Friday night can be relaxed when they're at the meet; so people don't have to sit in bumper-to-bumper Friday night freeway traffic; and because some people have religious issues with Friday nights

3) AREA: the poll results above bear out that the majority of SOCAL CR.net members who care enough to bother to vote in the poll (let alone actually come to a meet) live in NOC; NOC is centrally located geographically (see #6 on the map above)

4) VENUE: Super Autobacs, because it's freeway close (22 and Beach Bl.); establishing a regular presence there will create an awareness of the existence of our forum and attract new members by osmosis; when it rains, we can take over the lounge upstairs and watch drifting DVDs on their big screen TV; FYI, we had our biggest turnout of 20-30 cars when we met at SAB once before on 9/8/06 (http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2447)

5) FREQUENCY: I feel meeting every other week is often enough; I think people get burned out coming every single week; I propose the 2nd and 4th Sunday each month, starting 10/22/06.

6) EATING: after meeting for a couple of hours in the late afternoon, when it gets dark and cold we can go get something to eat; there are lots of good restaurants in the area: a great pizza place and Red Robin right there in the same mall with SAB; other local places: Mimi's, Sizzler, Hof's Hut, Tom's Tacos, Zankou Chicken, etc.

Please vote in the location poll at the top of the thread and post your feedback on my proposals and your own suggestions.

~Bill

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
doesnt sound too bad actually, you seem to spend alot of time thinking about it, haha.

SAB is alot farther for me since im on the border of NOC and San Bern.

but every other week is cool since some of my friends live in that area.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Good idea Bill.

Sunday worked for a meet we had a while ago. Looks like it's a battle between SGV and North OC.

I could use a few of those business cards! I'm going to stick one on the inside part of the small window on the door. What's that small window called ?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good idea Bill.

Sunday worked for a meet we had a while ago. Looks like it's a battle between SGV and North OC.

I could use a few of those business cards! I'm going to stick one on the inside part of the small window on the door. What's that small window called ?
Wing window.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts