ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 407 Posts

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is the place for members to voice their preferred businesses for MIATA-based services and AUTOMOTIVE goods.

Want to recommend a shop for a particular service in your area? Let your fellow SOCAL members know!

If you have a business or offer a service in SOCAL, let us know!

Have you had bad service at a shop? Let them know that too.

Please keep this on the up and up, keep it professional.

List the business, address, contact info, maybe the website. Tell us if there is someone in particular to ask for. Tell us what you had done, why you chose them, if you are a repeat customer.

If you WERE NOT happy, be specific, be PROFESSIONAL.

***If your business is called out for bad service, YOU should PM that person and take the opportunity to resolve the problem ASAP.***

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hiro's Auto Repair

http://www.hiros-auto.com/

Costa Mesa, CA

I've had a variety of work done here. Fender rolling, alignment, engine seal repairs, they rebuilt my differential when I blew it up (deburred, shotpeened and micro-coated the R&P). I have even had regular service repairs done on my other cars. I have always been pleased with their work, they always return my car better than I left it. Very detail-oriented and courteous.

They aren't afraid to work around modified cars, which is awesome.

Call before heading over. They take appointments and can get pretty busy. It's not a shop you can expect to walk in and wait for them to do what you want.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Gotta give a ditto to Hiro's stand up owners and deffinetly quality work.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
19949 Valley blvd Walnut CA 91789
AKA

friendly mom/pop shop that i take my car to.
they do alot of old school toyotas to be more specific.. but they still do good in anything aftermarket/builds etc........ well especially their builds..

heres another one.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Tustin Mazda
28 Auto Center Dr Tustin, CA 92782
1(714)832-6222

Look for Daniel Lim

Yes, I know this is a dealership but dont be afraid - this will not cost an arm and leg. Daniel is our very own KINOD guy, as most of you know. He will take care of all your roadster needs, from service to OEM parts. He is also very knowledgable and knows his art very well.

Bought all my OEM parts - timing belt, water pump, gaskets, lighter sacket and even the templates to install the OEM bodykit. He can get all the OEM Mazda parts you need, from engines to the smalles bolt, with special employee pricing on all parts.

Took my car there a couple of days ago to do inspection and Daniel diagnosed that my thermostat has a problem. He changed it on the spot and I only paid for the part. Everything went well, and to top it off, there's also a free carwash afterwards!

·
Supporting Member
361 Posts
i hope to meet daniel in one of the KINOD meets. i have a small oil leak somewhere in my Miata and its driving me crazy since i can't park it on my driveway. Also a full inspection would be nice since I just bought the car

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Where's a good place that doesn't overcharge for a clutch/flywheel install in the 626/LA area?

Everywhere I look I see prices from 400-450..

·
Registered
767 Posts
i need a legit smog place that will take appointments and let me come in HOT. Tired of HB smog taking forever to run the test and failing. Also looking for a cat shop so i can get a new oem cat that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i need a legit smog place that will take appointments and let me come in HOT. Tired of HB smog taking forever to run the test and failing. Also looking for a cat shop so i can get a new oem cat that won't cost me an arm and a leg.
For smog I highly recommend http://www.rpmautocenter.com/
Appointments are not necessary since the smog tech, Chris, will run your car in test mode and warm up your car to make sure the numbers fall within the test limits. He did this for my 90 with Greddy turbo. By the time I was done the car passed with flying colors.

·
Registered
288 Posts
^Chris is my broooooo^
+56
Chris will take care of you. As a plus, the RPM owners are true gearheads and usually have at least one of their project cars at the shop.

·
Sequence Number 1280
3,051 Posts
11/8/10 update: Please disregard for bodywork and paint: PM me for updates.

Bodywerks (ask for Jose)
7750 Sepulveda Blvd Unit 8
Van Nuys, CA 91405
818-786-2337

I've known them for a very long time, great friends with all the workers as well as the owner. Got my car done there, and have been making sure the quality of work is consistently good. I have always made sure those who have gotten work done there through my suggestion have been satisfied. These guys do all kinds of work. Their bodywork includes anything and everything, as long as you can afford it. Their prices are very reasonable and competitive. They do fiberglass, carbon fiber, widebody, flare work, everything!

·
Supporting Member
361 Posts
Tustin Mazda
28 Auto Center Dr Tustin, CA 92782
1(714)832-6222

Look for Daniel Lim

Yes, I know this is a dealership but dont be afraid - this will not cost an arm and leg. Daniel is our very own KINOD guy, as most of you know. He will take care of all your roadster needs, from service to OEM parts. He is also very knowledgable and knows his art very well.

Bought all my OEM parts - timing belt, water pump, gaskets, lighter sacket and even the templates to install the OEM bodykit. He can get all the OEM Mazda parts you need, from engines to the smalles bolt, with special employee pricing on all parts.

Took my car there a couple of days ago to do inspection and Daniel diagnosed that my thermostat has a problem. He changed it on the spot and I only paid for the part. Everything went well, and to top it off, there's also a free carwash afterwards!
Ditto on Tustin Mazda.

Daniel solved my battery drain problem!
x3 Daniel helped solve my misfire problem i had on my miata :D

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I need good deals on tires... $65 before mounting/balancing for the cheapest piece o crap all season in Tehachapi is too much... For refrence, he wants ~$200 each for khumo XSs in 205/50-15

*edit, to save space in this thread*

vvvv Thank you.

·
Force McCocken's Admirer
1,694 Posts
^ lol, i go to these guys too! Donald will hook you up if you tell him its for a miata, and pay cash...

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a few places that took really good care of my NC.

Daniel (Gunwoo) at Tustin Mazda - 714-832-6222 - http://www.ocmazda.com
Not only is he one of the coolest Kinod guys around, he is also a Master Mechanic for Mazda. Nicholas is also a great service writer that schedules Daniel's work. Daniel checked the code of my CEL and found out a hole was burned in my cat, replaced it for free through my emissions warranty and painted my hubs for free. Stay away from the hertz rental next to them, I had to pay for a Mazda 3 that was on empty when I got it.

So Cal Tint - Pomona - 909-749-3978 - http://www.socaltintla.com
They did a great job tinting my back window, side windows and windshield. They're open late, which is rare for a tint shop. They did a great job and are super friendly people who speak great english even though it isn't the best area. They do other stuff like detailing, stripes, etc.

1 - 20 of 407 Posts