ClubRoadster.net banner

381 - 400 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
looking for a shop in the LA area, that does good exhaust work. I've seen some people refer to Rene's muffler shop in LA has anyone gone there? I'm looking for someone to fab a decat for my fujitsubo 4-1 header

·
Registered
10 Posts
looking for a shop in the LA area, that does good exhaust work. I've seen some people refer to Rene's muffler shop in LA has anyone gone there? I'm looking for someone to fab a decat for my fujitsubo 4-1 header
^This.

Though I'm looking to solve an exhaust leak that's certainly from the downpipe. Also need to look into putting a HF cat in (car is registered out of state).

·
Registered
217 Posts
^This.

Though I'm looking to solve an exhaust leak that's certainly from the downpipe. Also need to look into putting a HF cat in (car is registered out of state).
Speedway Muffler in Rowland Heights gets a lot of praise. Haven't been there personally, but the auto repair plaza they are located in has a good reputation (my personal mechanic is also there).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looking for a Good mechanic within a ten mile radius from Glendale/Burbank Seeking to replace my head gasket and the associated parts.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys, don't have a Miata yet, but that's why I'm here. I will be receiving a settlement in about 2 weeks. I know a little about Miata's and cars in general but would feel more comfortable having a trained professional pre-inspect the vehicle for me. Any road mechanics anyone would recommend?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to get my car smogged but I was informed that it can not be done without replacing the exhaust (dual side exit). Does anyone know of a smog place that can do my smog without me replacing the exhaust?

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey guys, I need help diagnosing an issue to pass smog. I got the dreaded Po420 code. From what i read it could be something as simple as an o2 sensor or it could be the cat. I dont want to go to a random shop and get ripped off if i dont need a new cat. Any suggestions of places i can go to diagnose for a decent price. I live in the valley, Northidge

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you need a new top installed - Thomas's Tops just south of Sunset Blvd in Hollywood on Cahuega does incredible work. My new Robbin's top with a glass rear window looks better than factory installed.

$225 for the install too. Cheap!

Been in business over 40 years. They're legit.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you need a new top installed - Thomas's Tops just south of Sunset Blvd in Hollywood on Cahuega does incredible work. My new Robbin's top with a glass rear window looks better than factory installed.

$225 for the install too. Cheap!

Been in business over 40 years. They're legit.
Wow $225 is a good deal for a brick and mortar business. I got mine done for less from a guy on Craigslist but I did take a chance. If I needed another one done I'd go to Thomas's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys i need to find a shop local to Sylmar, my alternator died and the car is just sitting on a side street. If you know of any decent local places that can rebuild and install please let me know asap! thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys I am new here. Just wanted to let you all know I offer professional auto detailing. I am also a vender for it on another forum. if you had any car care questions or wanted/needed any services please feel free to let me know. I do have flawless feedback.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Finally got my first NA6(!!!!) and looking for some help on SoCal referrals. I live in the South Bay and looking for the best local mechanic to work on my car (I'm nowhere near as mechanically adept as most the people on the forum and despite a real interest don't have the time).

I was going to consider driving down to the Mazda dealership Daniel Lim was working simply given all the references here + the fact he's a Miata nut, but he's not there anymore (I believe he got a job at Mazda HQ). Any recommendations near El Segundo?

I also ordered a new soft top and called Thomas' Tops again based on the referrals (and price - $225!) but was told the price for that same top installed is now $425 and they're pretty far out of the way. I want it installed by a shop (no offence to any individuals here) and again wondering if there are any recommendations.

thanks!

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
If you guys are in San Diego, you better come see me. Pann Auto. 858-278-PANN

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All!

I was hoping someone would be able to recommend a shop to replace my soft top on my 1990 miata...

i'm located in south OC mission Viejo area if that helps any...

yes... I've read this thread front to back...
I've read koolmoecraig's post... unfortunately sunset blvd is a bit too far for me...

i'm working out the gremlins on the car and the soft top seems to be pretty high on the list so I can take her out in public

381 - 400 of 407 Posts