ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I install my top cover it never stays in the "groove" and flaps continuously while underway. I have tried wrapping the straps several times in order to tighten it but still it pops out of the groove. I have been told that I may be missing some sort of clip(s) that hold it in place. My 97 "mid-life crisis" Miata is really a blast to drive around topless, but I have had to do so without covering the top. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.:roll:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have noticed that mine will do that on the highway if I unzip the window and let it lay flat. It's like there is too much play in the boot and the air simply finds a way underneath and it works loose from the groove in the back.

However, when I do not unzip the window and instead put a swim noodle onto the window from the outside as I lower it and allow the window to wrap around the noodle as the top lowers, the entire thing sits a bit higher. I think it creates a bit more upward pressure which then helps to keep the boot in place.

Also, make sure that the plastic lip on the boot is going into the groove. Sometimes it looks like it's on, but isn't quite in the groove. Mine almost snaps into place on the corners.

By the way, a mid-life Miata crisis is likely to last several decades!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts