ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go see my machinist today and he asked me if there are any solid Miata engine mounts out there. I use the MS one but a solid aluminum would be nice. Thanks.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Stiffest I know of are function7, they pop up on ebay now and again for $250, they are still not solid though.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts

Mounts install in place stock rubber engine mounts. Feature an Aluminum core incased in UHMW. Fully threaded rod extends all the way through the mount so that mount breakage is eliminated. Mounts produce more vibration than stock, but not as much as solid metal mounts. Includes new hardware.

http://www.mmr-direct.com/catalog1/Miata/index.htm

55 bucks. Not solid but another alternative.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I was aware of the UHMW mmr. The function 7 looks nice and LUV2TURN let us know how that somebody you know thinks about them.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
233 Posts
http://www.mmr-direct.com/Pictures/RX7/FC/Mounts/engmnt2.jpg

Mounts install in place stock rubber engine mounts. Feature an Aluminum core incased in UHMW. Fully threaded rod extends all the way through the mount so that mount breakage is eliminated. Mounts produce more vibration than stock, but not as much as solid metal mounts. Includes new hardware.

http://www.mmr-direct.com/catalog1/Miata/index.htm

55 bucks. Not solid but another alternative.
These things can't be that hard to make! *runs and checks mcmaster* :mrgreen:

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Agreed.
But $55 isn't bad.
I'd like to drive someone's car with them before I spend the money. And yes, I know $55 isn't much, but when it could go toward coilovers, engine rebuild, HPS pads, SS lines, or maybe a seat....research/experience would be nice.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just removed the MMR mounts from my car. Way too much noise and vibration for a daily IMHO.

Swapped to a set of used MS mounts.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just removed the MMR mounts from my car. Way too much noise and vibration for a daily IMHO.

Swapped to a set of used MS mounts.
i daily drive mine with MMR mounts. i love them. the car just feels more solid with them

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Some guys like them, some guys dont. I like the feel of a V8 with solid mounts, So I got the Mazda Comp ones for the new engine.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I have both the motor and diff mounts waiting till I pull my motor.
I'll let yall know what I think. but in warning I have a 2.25" exhaust with a single resonator and no muffler and don't think it is too bad so I am willing to live with a bit of sacrifice

kevin

·
Registered
224 Posts
I put the MMR mounts on yesterday... HOLY **** they are stiff. The motor doesn't move at all. Overall, the car feels really solid, but in certain rpm ranges the car vibrates and resonates. I absolutely hated them yesterday, but the more I drive the car, the more I like them.

Rush hour traffic sucks with these, but you can barely tell that they're on there at highway speeds. At idle it's tolerable, but from 1200-2500ish, it vibrates... bad... sounds like the dash is going to fall apart. I'm getting worse millage because I don't want to shift my car into the 1200-2500 rpm range.

·
Banned
445 Posts
i dont want to be a pessimist, i have the ms-mmounts and an diy engine-damper (made of a motorcycle steeringdamper) - but i think if you have these solid parts in a daily driver, all the thingys (exhaust-hangers, suspension, all the hinges and hangers, electrical patch cords and so on) will be strained extremely and the lifetime will be shortend to a percentage of the normal wearing

i have seen cracked frame-weldings at a few cars with solid mounts and very stiff suspension

if you use them only for track, no problem, but for a dd i think its too much stress

1 - 17 of 17 Posts