ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow Toyota brought some JDM love to NASCAR folks! Pewhahahaha Nascar's now running w/GT spoilers and Front splitter!
:lol:

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
I hope I never see the day when they have mx5 lookalike nascars, this is pretty cool I guess even though I never watch nascar

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I am pretty sure that isn't legal, we shall see.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Well I'll be damned.

·
Registered
420 Posts
There nothing like being on turn 4 of Daytona standing by the fence and 40plus cars roar past. With the smell of high octain fuel and burning rubber.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
uh. not just toyota are using that "aero package" either.. all teams are. next year, all the cars will be like that at every race. and in fact, the entire car is being re-designed. the drivers will be a little farther in towards the trans tunnel. as it is now, there left elbows are banging into the cage and there heads are too close to the roll bar. all that'll change with the COT..

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
There nothing like being on turn 4 of Daytona standing by the fence and 40plus cars roar past. With the smell of high octain fuel and burning rubber.
You forgot the part about the ruckus the rednecks make and the smell of them too :roll:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah the spoiler-addled "COT" has nothing to do with Toyota showing up, just a timing coincidence. Really Toyota got screwed because they have to develop TWO aero packages in their first year of cup racing.

Next year every race will be run (iirc) with the Car Of Tomorrow.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah the spoiler-addled "COT" has nothing to do with Toyota showing up, just a timing coincidence. Really Toyota got screwed because they have to develop TWO aero packages in their first year of cup racing.

Next year every race will be run (iirc) with the Car Of Tomorrow.
I was just sarcastic about 'Toyota' part :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Quite. Gimmie the good ol' days of stripped interiors, safety bits, and balls out showroom racing.

Though if we did that now, all the cars but the charger would understeer into the wall on the second turn :lol: But at least the Camrys would finish since they wouldn't be able to build up enough speed to induce radical understeer :p

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Quite. Gimmie the good ol' days of stripped interiors, safety bits, and balls out showroom racing.

Though if we did that now, all the cars but the charger would understeer into the wall on the second turn :lol: But at least the Camrys would finish since they wouldn't be able to build up enough speed to induce radical understeer :p
+1, what happened to using factory cars, and outfitting them for racing? not so much a stock car any more.... with that kind of aero package being added soon, I would hope to see more road courses in the schedule.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts