ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Supporting Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting an original M2 1028 could be a near impossible task. So I decided to create something similar, using my 1994 black C package.
I had some time recently to take some pictures of the car with some of the original M2 parts
that I have gathered installed. Mainly 1028 parts, but M2 parts all the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
what a beauuuuuuuuuty man! lemme be the first one to show appreciation of your work here since i'm a big M2 fan myself! :)

how did u achieve the plain door panel?

edit: looks like someone beat me to it. lol

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Out of everything on that wonderful car, I love the trunk the most. IMHO I think its one of the best looking features on the 1028. The interior looks great as well.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Really nice car, rare parts.

·
Supporting Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
what a beauuuuuuuuuty man! lemme be the first one to show appreciation of your work here since i'm a big M2 fan myself! :)

how did u achieve the plain door panel?

edit: looks like someone beat me to it. lol
I just recovered a set leaving only an opening for the 1028 door pulls. Nakamae makes a really nice set of retro panels, but too pricey for me at the current exchange rate.
http://www.nakamae.co.jp/product_guidance p4.html (about 2/3rd's down the page).

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Out of everything on that wonderful car, I love the trunk the most. IMHO I think its one of the best looking features on the 1028. The interior looks great as well.
I agree. I originally had a Murkami FRP 1028 lid, but jumped on an original aluminum 1028 one when I had the chance.

Attachments

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
I agree. I originally had a Murkami FRP 1028 lid, but jumped on an original aluminum 1028 one when I had the chance.
Would you still happen to have that FRP lid? I would love an OE lid but FRP will get the job done. How did you find an aluminum one anyway? That's a one in a million find :eek:

Wow, beautiful car! I really like the heat shield on the air filter, never seen that style before.
I think that was a special M2 thing IIRC. Not sure if you could buy one OTS :dunno:

·
Supporting Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Sorry the Murkami trunk lid was sold. I spent sometime searching on Yahoo Japan auctions for an original one and got it for a great deal. I saw one recently sell for 161,000 yen on YJA.
Flyin' 92 is correct, the intake is an original M2 1028 part.

·
Supporting Member
12,272 Posts
Looks real good man! I love the OEM+ style and you can tell I'm partial to the simple M2 stylings. Connoisseurs will know what's up. Most others will just think it's a really good looking Miata but won't be able to put their finger on why yours looks so good and theirs looks so meh in comparison.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Looks real good man! I love the OEM+ style and you can tell I'm partial to the simple M2 stylings. Connoisseurs will know what's up. Most others will just think it's a really good looking Miata but won't be able to put their finger on why yours looks so good and theirs looks so meh in comparison.
+1

This is exactly why I'm wanting the more subtle parts like the trunk and mirrors. It's all in the details

·
Supporting Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for all of the positive responses. I really appreciate them.
I am trying to stay 'true' to the 1028 model, with the parts that I am using, But I am also thinking along the lines of comfort as well as daily functionality.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts