ClubRoadster.net banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,947 Posts
I love this car , but please swap to Panasports even if the aren't M2 branded this car is just screaming for them , there is a set here in the UK for £250 dunno what the exchange rate is these days though , and an M2 roll bar recently sold here for £250 i'd have been all over it if it worked with my seats

I have the M2 winders (1001?) a guy on Yahoo Japan wants £600 for a new set

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
I have drooled on this thread every time it popped back to the top. Such an understated, refined, and utterly gorgeous car.
This!

What I love about the M2 styling is the whole "less is more" idea.

·
Supporting Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Came yesterday, must have been shipped before the US shipping weight restriction.
Uhm, in my "look what came in the mail" geekiness I forgot to say what it was - a temp top for the M2 1028. Since it had no real soft top, this one goes on using the roll bar as the frame. It is complete and looks new, even has the directions - in Japanese. Found an image of it installed.

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have another set of wantanabes, more in line with the panasports. I wanted to see what it looked like with the RS8's on. Yes, I have too many sets of wheels. I would love the 1028 roll bar, but shipping is high, especially now, plus stressing over how it's condition upon arrive. Yes typesticky, I know you have the M2 winders, and they go great with that sick interior of yours.

I love this car , but please swap to Panasports even if the aren't M2 branded this car is just screaming for them , there is a set here in the UK for £250 dunno what the exchange rate is these days though , and an M2 roll bar recently sold here for £250 i'd have been all over it if it worked with my seats

I have the M2 winders (1001?) a guy on Yahoo Japan wants £600 for a new set

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I have drooled on this thread every time it popped back to the top. Such an understated, refined, and utterly gorgeous car.
revlimiter, you have had some input here that will be posted once I get a chance to get things more organized and done. Your roadster updates and use of old school keep giving me ideas. Although I am starting to hate you since I read about your Elise Probaxes, which has caused me a loss of sleep since I am tossing around the idea of getting a set too. Dam you and your sharka!

·
Supporting Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Bump for a chance at awesomeness:

http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p231384110

M2-1028 rollcage!

Thanks, I checked it out. It is missing a few parts to it though.
I have considered on and off about picking up a 1028 Roll Bar in the past, but there are a few problems with using it:
The sides of the roll bar bolts to the hard top side latch locations. In order for me to use one, I would 'lose' my hard top - unless I purchased an original 1028 light weight hard top, which are pretty rare.
Plus getting the top to the States in one piece, as well as the shipping charges for it kind of puts a damper on the idea.

I am trying to decide which roll bar to go with, I would like something similar to the M2 1001 type. I like the black Hard Bar Sport with no diagonals, it looks similar to the 1001 and I can still use my soft/hard top. I own original M2 1028 roll bar padding, so the bar will still have that 1028 styling added to it. I am also open to roll bar suggestions.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The no diagonals sport is a good choice. It Provides plenty of protection, it's simple, and is one of the lightest ones they offer. It would look great in your car.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts