ClubRoadster.net banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Supporting Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Well, took the door panels off the other day, to try to do a little upgrade to them. They looked unfinished, and the panel skin and padding were looking sunken and well, crappê.
I took them off and turned them over to look at the backs where my door pulls were attached and a catastrophe was seen.
The fiber board is all sunken and cracked - pretty bad, on both sides. Really flexible now. I was note sure if I could get things to work, but using some larger washers helped sturdy things up. Pics of them finished, once they are.

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
The original tan door tops that I have been using did not seem work with the rest of the door panel with the new black trim pieces boldly sticking out in the middle of the panel. So, I brought a pair of beaten up door tops to a local upholsterer (http://www.tomsnothere.com - Rodger Pisani is excellent to deal and his shop does top notch work). The tops were recovered in black vinyl with some stitching added. Now the door tops really balance out the overall appearance of the door cards making them look even more finished now. They almost look like they came this way from Mazda, IMHO.

Attachments

81 - 90 of 90 Posts