ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Looks good. I like what you've done with the r-package rear lip to fit the dual exhaust. RA1 on the street is pretty hardcore. Looks like a peaceful neighborhood. I've never seen a quiet residential street like that before so wide.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
If youre not planning on painting the hardtop blue...paint your windshield frame black too.

anyways, looks killer.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'd disagree. Don't paint.

Do what honda did on the S. Use black vinyl so you can go back later. :)

·
Mufasa in Training
32,668 Posts
I gotta agree with Kyle...RA-1's on the street is pretty hardcore, at least if you drive as much as I do...

Looks great, tho. Ditto on the suggestion to do black vinyl instead of paint :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
btw. according to the pics, it looks like ur tires r not using the outer contact patch too much. use shoe polish and adjust tire pressure accordingly to see if u get the best contact wear all across the treads for most cornering power.

·
Registered
441 Posts
looks nice man, i agree black window surround would look awesome!

·
Mufasa in Training
32,668 Posts
3.5 miles to school, my work is right next door (literally). shouldent be a problem using em every day, but i have panasports on t1-s that i use daily.
The main worry with an r-compound tire is heat cycling it too much so that it essentially becomes useless despite having plenty of tread. Short trips normally will do this the worst.

·
Registered
489 Posts
3.5 miles to school, my work is right next door (literally). shouldent be a problem using em every day, but i have panasports on t1-s that i use daily.
The main worry with an r-compound tire is heat cycling it too much so that it essentially becomes useless despite having plenty of tread. Short trips normally will do this the worst.
That's exactly what my rep. at Toyo told me. And he alson said that the different plys don't hold up to pot holes too well either.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I've got a friend with a Honda S2000 who runs them on the street, auto-x, and track and gets about 5-6k miles per set. I'll ask him how many street miles vs. auto-x runs vs. track sessions and what he thinks about heat cycles due to street miles and when he feels the performance start to wear down.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
btw. according to the pics, it looks like ur tires r not using the outer contact patch too much. use shoe polish and adjust tire pressure accordingly to see if u get the best contact wear all across the treads for most cornering power.

Damn is your day that busy that you can't type your and are?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts