ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been a while since my last update on the car...added a few minor trinkets here and there...pardon the ride height, the shop had the car up on the lift for 3 days...even I was shocked when I took the pics! :roll: :lol:

These are just quick shots taken with a digicam, gotta clean the car first prior to a proper photoshoot :)

Mad mad props to Rod @ Tetsuyagarage for all his help ;)

OK let's see, what do we have here...

Brightning CF nose scoop

GV lip painted gloss black

Unidentified CF side skirt

Unidentified CF Rear Canards

Rear shot:

The interior also received a little attention :)

Radio delete, replaced with gauges and KG Works Starter switch, Billion Fan Controller, MS red horn button replaced the black MS button...

Shot of the center console/panel: RS Products AC panel, Nielex hazard/light switch, Zoom/Nakamae classic (carpet) center console...

Other side:

And the bottom of the car got some Dcuatro love as well:

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wups left out the Zoom mirror...

The Zoom wing is an acquired taste :) Personally, after 7 years of the R package lip, it's a breath of fresh air! And the rear canards are really interesting "in the flesh" ;)

·
Registered
499 Posts
iv wanted those side steps for a while now!!!! were did you get them?? i found them on yahoo auction japan, but have now way of paying/ shipping/ comunicating with them!!!

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Car looks really good. Are those modified knock off Feed Side skirts for an FD?

·
Registered
465 Posts
yea a side view or 3/4 view would be nice. nice originality overall, never seen that nose scoop but looks good with the rest of the front with the lip and hood. not a fan of the rounded mirrors but other than that looks good. 8)

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The side skirts are from Yahoo Japan...no brand name on them... I've never seen the Feed FD skirts, so I dunno ;) <-- EDIT hey I googled the feed skirts yeah they do look very similar! :)

Tetsuyagarage took care of everything ;)

They're very nicely made but they are pretty fragile because of the horizontal design. Very easy for someone to step on them (knocks on wood)...

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, I was gonna wait a few days for the suspension to settle down before posting side pics...but since you guys asked...

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
PURE HOTTNESS!!!! LOVE IT!!!! im lovin' the sides and rear canards!!!!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Are you referring to the red braces just aft of the Racing Beat lower control arm brace? What do they attach to? It looks like they've got some rather beefy looking mounting plates but they do appear to hang very low effecting ground clearance. Did you notice any difference? I imagine it's hard to notice any further improvement beyond the FM butterfly brace on a street driven car. Your car looks ready for the race track. Do you take this car to track days?

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep this car is being set up increasingly with a track day bias. Someone once told me that there is no such thing as a dual purpose street/track car, but I'm having fun trying to find that balance ;)

Regarding the red thingies under the car...not braces, winglets :) they're called Dcuatro Ground Effectors...they supposedly divert airflow so that it exits to the sides, behind the front wheel...theoretically decreasing air pressure underneath the car...part snake oil? Maybe, but I'm a sucker for cheap animation anyway :lol: They weigh next to nothing and make the bottom pretty :)

Check it out here:
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...jp/dcuatro/ge/index.html&prev=/language_tools

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Those bottom pieces can also be found on many Saabs.

I love the Brightning front grill more and more... gives a really muscular look to the front!

·
Registered
600 Posts
so many questions. damn that is a nice car. How much was the Nakamae center console ? Is that the wing that doesn't require drilling holes in the trunklid? Where'd you get the rear canards? And what is the price range for the sideskirts shipped? Congrats on having a DAMN NICE miata =D> =D> =D>

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Regarding the red thingies under the car...not braces, winglets :) they're called Dcuatro Ground Effectors...they supposedly divert airflow so that it exits to the sides, behind the front wheel...theoretically decreasing air pressure underneath the car...part snake oil? Maybe, but I'm a sucker for cheap animation anyway :lol: They weigh next to nothing and make the bottom pretty :)

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
looking good! welcome to the radio delete club!! (the hardest of the hardcore, BTW)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts