ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
I’m just some old guy joining the site for more access to Miata information. I was looking for out of the box ideas on running 245 width rubber. Without people knowing my full intent, I’m sure I looked like some nutjob kid who doesn’t know how to research. Lol. I’m attracted to the site because of the trend in wheel fitment.

I’m a Federal Geek with a few MS certs in Neworks and server administration. I specialize in desktop support and hardware though.

My motorsports interests are Autocross, Time Attack, Track days and drifting. I’m working on my 8th year with the SCCA. I’m a chief of tech and a Safety steward with a 3 year cert. Before somebody gets excited, I go to drift events to help me use oversteer more effectively in competitive driving. I’m not some poser. I did have 4 240sx from 2000 to 2011 and 4 different AE86 Corollas. I’m currently on my 3rd Miata though. My first was a stock 90 that was pretty beat up. It was stock and I used it for commuting back in the late 90s.

Like I said, I’m just some old guy (44) looking for different ideas. I’ve moderated and Admin’ed several automotive sites, so you can expect a decent level of maturity and “netiquette” from me.
I’ll include some video later in the thread to show I’m not some internet racer.

Some screw ups from a track day a few years ago in 93 240sx… Feel free to laugh and call me a knucklehead. Getting lost on a brakepoint is easy if you don’t focus. Also, you’ll see the importance of proper heel toe shifting. That cobra never lifter either… that bastard. Hehe.
Vid from Arroyo Seco in NM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewWl9F-l6UY

Me chasing an S14 with a blacktop and on 888s. I used a redtop at 12psi and NT05s. I could get him in the tight stuff. Hehe The whole day was fun.
Vid from Arroyo Seco in NM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA1hs6KY7Yg

My current Miata

94 Type A (EStock)
KYB AGX 8way under stock springs
FatCat 76mm 220lb/in bumpstops
Racing Beat Race Tubular front sway
Semi hollows with 195/60 Star Specs, Daily wheels are Grey 15x7 Kosie K1 w/ Kumho AST
M1 Hardcore rollbar
Torsen

Will be going to SSM in the spring with a Coliovers and a FMII turbo kit. I was wanting to run 245’s.

Dont get excited about the graphics... I've removed them.

A youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JyUSypmQ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2oE9_9abX0

My old Miata

1.6 with a Greddy pushing 10psi with every bandaid I could find.
KYB
RacingBeat springs
Aero 13x8 w/ 215/50 kumho

My Corolla

This car is my on going project and an object I covet. It sleeps inside while the other vehicles sleep outside.

1986 AE86
Red Panda, numbers matching
Full suspension, everything that was good around 2005.
14x7 -9 Konig Rewinds

Her 2011 WRX, yes she races. She is also the President of our local SCCA Chapter

My tow rig.

2010 Titan Crew 4x4

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Welcome, great intro thread!

·
Administrator
15,602 Posts
Hey!

You talking about the 245 width 15" Kumhos?

I wouldn't mess with the 949 15x10s. Overkill for your size. They WOULD be good if you decide to go with the Hoosier A6 crack pipe and run the 275/35-15s down the road. Otherwise, the 15x9s are fine.

Welcome!

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
holy ****!!!
awesome intro thread.
nice to know when people read and know how the **** to use the internet.
welcome to the site.
previous car of mine was a mazdaspeed3, and 245's were the goal on 8+ inch wide wheels.
should be feasible.
welcome!

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
for an old guy...... you have some pretty cool cars hahah
i've had 2 240sx(s13) and 2 ae86s myself before i got the miata

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i am pretty sure that bump stops are an illegal mod for stock class.. and why is your car so low?

anyways, hi!
You can change them, they just need to be trimmed to be no longer than stock. Also, that picture is when I first brought it home. It had tokico lowering springs. I can assure you it looks like I have a Rancho Suspesion on it now. hehe.

So my question is, did they name the corner after you? :D Loved the vids, and a +1 on the great intro thread. Welcome to the site.

edit:

LOVE the AE86. Do you drive it much?
They should have. That corner was whooping my ass all day. At the brake point, I was about 100-105 depending. If I goofed it, it got exciting. I didnt include all of the oversteering through that kink.

As for my Corolla. I used to drive it a lot, but it's waiting on me to get off my lazy butt and replace the engine.

Thanks for the welcome folks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do we have to scream in order for him to hear us? :p

---
- Ken B. posted this from his iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
You can change them, they just need to be trimmed to be no longer than stock. Also, that picture is when I first brought it home. It had tokico lowering springs. I can assure you it looks like I have a Rancho Suspesion on it now. hehe.
i knew it was lowered.

as for bump stops, i went and looked it up on SCCA's site after i made that post. pretty confusing, but yeah, they are legit. not that you needed me to tell you, i just wanted to see what it said myself.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts