ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Just remember that most headers in Japan won't fit LHD cars because often the designer never took into consideration the location of the steering column on LHD cars.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I would have to see dyno results before I bought a header like that...lol If it yielded enough power, it would be worth buying and making it fit...but otherwise....not worth it.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
It's interesting to see the different design philosophies between RHD and LHD headers. If you look at a Racing Beat header you'll see how flat and compact it appears in comparison. What would be really cool is a swoopy, long-tube, equal length 4-1 header that fits LHD cars.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
excuse my lack of knowledge, but how are all those extra bends in the header (like looping towards the front of the car) going to make this more efficient than other options? I see that its a 4-1 design, but looks like its more for the sake of looking cool. I always thought the rule of exhausts was straight = more power. :?:

Im not criticizing, I just want some clarification. :)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Header design is as much science as it is art and often compromises must be made for packaging, weight, cost, torque, and hp. Ideally, primary and secondary runner diameters and lengths will be calculated mathematically based on engine displacement and rpm (how much air does the piping need to move?) and then the fabricator tries to match these dimensions as best as possible. Often times mathematically "correct" values are tweaked a little based on the designer's/fabricator's experience or experimentally derived knowledge that says for more low end torque do this or for more high end hp do that.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
How much would you be willing to drop on a new SWOOPY header to fit a LHD Miata? That's the question.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I think a high rise header is as close as any (lhd)miata is going to get to this piece of art.

someone buy it, chrome it, and mount it on the wall!

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
Pie cuts in an NA header? Thank you but no.

Someone slapped that thing together to look good... piecuts are only usefull for cheating bends when you have to...and for materials that are hard as hell to bend (titanium).

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Pie cuts in an NA header? Thank you but no.

Someone slapped that thing together to look good... piecuts are only usefull for cheating bends when you have to...and for materials that are hard as hell to bend (titanium).
could be a header or collector or somthing from another car adapted to the miata. but still really cool looking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts