ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went to FM's open house this year to get the track record back. Mission accomplished and then some. Dropped about 3 seconds total from the last time I was there (1:06.6 to a 1:03.7). We were running the track backwards, but it is SUPPOSED to be slower that way. Won't know til I get a chance to run it the right way again. Or when Keith does in his 7. BTW, that is a quick little bugger, LOL. Keith in his seven was the only faster "car" out there with a 1:02.6. Next fastest Miata ran a 1:05.8.

So, how did I lose? What appears to be blow-by. :( Car is consuming oil at the rate of 1 quart every 150 miles or so. No smoke, but tons of build up in the intake mani. *sigh*. Time for a freshing, and possible build.

Here is a pick of my car on the track.

All in all it was a great time. Can't wait to do it again.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toyo RA-1's, 225/45-15's. I like them. Not as grippy as say 710's or Hoosiers, but close. Break away is very progressive, much better then the Hoosiers I have had (R5's), but similar in style to the 710's. I would say I might have eeked out another second on some dedicated R-compounds. I, however, don't think I ran as fast as I could have. There was some time still out there. Not alot, but some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.