ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went to FM's open house this year to get the track record back. Mission accomplished and then some. Dropped about 3 seconds total from the last time I was there (1:06.6 to a 1:03.7). We were running the track backwards, but it is SUPPOSED to be slower that way. Won't know til I get a chance to run it the right way again. Or when Keith does in his 7. BTW, that is a quick little bugger, LOL. Keith in his seven was the only faster "car" out there with a 1:02.6. Next fastest Miata ran a 1:05.8.

So, how did I lose? What appears to be blow-by. :( Car is consuming oil at the rate of 1 quart every 150 miles or so. No smoke, but tons of build up in the intake mani. *sigh*. Time for a freshing, and possible build.

Here is a pick of my car on the track.

All in all it was a great time. Can't wait to do it again.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyo RA-1's, 225/45-15's. I like them. Not as grippy as say 710's or Hoosiers, but close. Break away is very progressive, much better then the Hoosiers I have had (R5's), but similar in style to the 710's. I would say I might have eeked out another second on some dedicated R-compounds. I, however, don't think I ran as fast as I could have. There was some time still out there. Not alot, but some.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Great job spyhunter! Aside from also being the cleanest, stockest looking NA out there that has tremendous capability to be VERY fast.

BTW, have you gone to nats and run in sm2?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts