ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
giving up on the turbo eh?

I don't blame you. I see the challenges modded cars can present and am happy that my non modified NA rarely has a problem and runs great.

Do you already have a line on another one?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
How many times is this car going to get sold??

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
How many times is this car going to get sold??

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
giving up on the turbo eh?

I don't blame you. I see the challenges modded cars can present and am happy that my non modified NA rarely has a problem and runs great.

Do you already have a line on another one?
Well I may work out a deal with patsy.....I am really hoping that works out. Other than that there is the one on Grassroots web site in chapel hill NC or I may try to find a stock one and just do the basics. But if anybody finds one like Chris Wells car let me know cause that is what I am really on the hunt for.

I hate giving up on a project but i really just want to do a track day more than work on a car and spend all my money on it.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
I think patsy's car is not a bad deal, iirc they put all new poly bushings, new paint and the racing seats look nice. It will need new springs for sure though. The ones that are in there are just cut stock springs.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah she told me about that but wowak gave me a set of stock springs. So I have those. Does anybody know what suspension she has on there as far as struts and sway bars?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Eh.. if this is going to be your daily driver. I wouldn't get Patsy's I would really keep looking. I have nothing against Patsy or the car. But I think there is a better car out there for you.

Chris's car is really great setup! H&R race springs Koni shocks..blueprinted motor and the list goes on. His is a well prepaired car by all means possible.

Really, makes me want to spend an tons of money to do the same to my 94.

Oh well.. Just my 2 cents Lou

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eh.. if this is going to be your daily driver. I wouldn't get Patsy's I would really keep looking. I have nothing against Patsy or the car. But I think there is a better car out there for you.

Chris's car is really great setup! H&R race springs Koni shocks..blueprinted motor and the list goes on. His is a well prepaired car by all means possible.

Really, makes me want to spend an tons of money to do the same to my 94.

Oh well.. Just my 2 cents Lou
Well i just need something simple that i can learn to drive better on. Also something not boosted so it is a little more reliable. I am willing to take a loss if it is on a trade and the person is local.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha thanks man, yeah i usually shock alot of people when they first meet me they think i am some punk with a car that thinks he is cool. But I have been wanting to get on a track now for the last 2 years and now that i have a decent job with some decent funds i can do it. But at the same time those funds arent endless.

So here is another idea, if i could take the turbo kit off the car i could then sell it buy a header make my own intake and I still have the jackson racing muffler.....Now b4 i got this car from russel I did a compression test on the motor and all 4 cylinders put out 183. So the motor is strong. I was also thinking a simple set of cams when i sell the turbo.

I am not sure, ill give it a week or so and see if i get any bids on the car. If not then i am pretty sure i will sell the turbo kit.

Also taked to Terry about the trade and it is a no go..... That is fine with me ill just have to keep looking.

But yes I would trade for a decent stock miata plus a little cash not a lot, if the car has a decent amount of suspension mods and roll bar with a nice seat and harness then i am willing to trade straight up for it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ummm ok then you help me tune this car. I would rather spend money on a driving school that put any more money into the car for tuning.

·
Registered
498 Posts
if only my BRG did not have the body damage......

good luck

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
if only my BRG did not have the body damage......

good luck
LOL My BRG also has body damage. I rear ended someone but went under them. Only messed up the hood, fender, and bumper. Core/radiator support is good! But I'm stock suspension ...'cept for the rollbar, which went in 2 days ago.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well the guy came and looked at the car....kinda confused cause he said he wants to pic it up on monday. We will see....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Lou your going to roast in that car.. can you handle no air and a depowered rack? To top it off theres no softtop in that car. So you'll end up going topless risk getting rained or stuck with the HT on all the time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts