ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
How many times is this car going to get sold??

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
How many times is this car going to get sold??

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
giving up on the turbo eh?

I don't blame you. I see the challenges modded cars can present and am happy that my non modified NA rarely has a problem and runs great.

Do you already have a line on another one?
Well I may work out a deal with patsy.....I am really hoping that works out. Other than that there is the one on Grassroots web site in chapel hill NC or I may try to find a stock one and just do the basics. But if anybody finds one like Chris Wells car let me know cause that is what I am really on the hunt for.

I hate giving up on a project but i really just want to do a track day more than work on a car and spend all my money on it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah she told me about that but wowak gave me a set of stock springs. So I have those. Does anybody know what suspension she has on there as far as struts and sway bars?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Eh.. if this is going to be your daily driver. I wouldn't get Patsy's I would really keep looking. I have nothing against Patsy or the car. But I think there is a better car out there for you.

Chris's car is really great setup! H&R race springs Koni shocks..blueprinted motor and the list goes on. His is a well prepaired car by all means possible.

Really, makes me want to spend an tons of money to do the same to my 94.

Oh well.. Just my 2 cents Lou

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eh.. if this is going to be your daily driver. I wouldn't get Patsy's I would really keep looking. I have nothing against Patsy or the car. But I think there is a better car out there for you.

Chris's car is really great setup! H&R race springs Koni shocks..blueprinted motor and the list goes on. His is a well prepaired car by all means possible.

Really, makes me want to spend an tons of money to do the same to my 94.

Oh well.. Just my 2 cents Lou
Well i just need something simple that i can learn to drive better on. Also something not boosted so it is a little more reliable. I am willing to take a loss if it is on a trade and the person is local.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha thanks man, yeah i usually shock alot of people when they first meet me they think i am some punk with a car that thinks he is cool. But I have been wanting to get on a track now for the last 2 years and now that i have a decent job with some decent funds i can do it. But at the same time those funds arent endless.

So here is another idea, if i could take the turbo kit off the car i could then sell it buy a header make my own intake and I still have the jackson racing muffler.....Now b4 i got this car from russel I did a compression test on the motor and all 4 cylinders put out 183. So the motor is strong. I was also thinking a simple set of cams when i sell the turbo.

I am not sure, ill give it a week or so and see if i get any bids on the car. If not then i am pretty sure i will sell the turbo kit.

Also taked to Terry about the trade and it is a no go..... That is fine with me ill just have to keep looking.

But yes I would trade for a decent stock miata plus a little cash not a lot, if the car has a decent amount of suspension mods and roll bar with a nice seat and harness then i am willing to trade straight up for it.

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
if only my BRG did not have the body damage......

good luck
LOL My BRG also has body damage. I rear ended someone but went under them. Only messed up the hood, fender, and bumper. Core/radiator support is good! But I'm stock suspension ...'cept for the rollbar, which went in 2 days ago.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Lou your going to roast in that car.. can you handle no air and a depowered rack? To top it off theres no softtop in that car. So you'll end up going topless risk getting rained or stuck with the HT on all the time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts