ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Allow me to add fuel to this fire, I have some marshmallows that need roasting.

Here is the screenshot of the description from March 20th 2014 obtained via google cache:

I'm not saying either of these guys were right, but it really didn't say anything about being custom made to order (or estimated wait times) when alangbaker ordered. If he spoke to the seller and it was implied that it would be shipped quickly and then the seller went back to cover his tracks, that is a little shady to me.
Thank you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Oh, and thanks! :phillyb:

·
Administrator
15,200 Posts
Here's the thing.... regardless of who is 51% at fault and who is 49% at fault, i really hope it was worth it to you to create all these threads to let us know what happened here. Because you know, we all really care.

While i always make every effort i can to be sure that someone who buys things from me knows exactly the score ahead of time, i'll be sure not to chance selling anything to you in the future. Judging from conversations occuring behind the scenes, i'm certainly not alone.

Ask yourself, was what happened REALLY enough to warrant the shitstorm you've caused on every site you could think of? Yeah, mistakes happen. You're not out any money besides gas and whatever productivity you've wasting by creating, monitoring, and posting in multiple threads about the subject. (You could ask Brian to cover that as well since you had no qualms about hitting him up for $60.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here's the thing.... regardless of who is 51% at fault and who is 49% at fault, i really hope it was worth it to you to create all these threads to let us know what happened here. Because you know, we all really care.

While i always make every effort i can to be sure that someone who buys things from me knows exactly the score ahead of time, i'll be sure not to chance selling anything to you in the future. Judging from conversations occuring behind the scenes, i'm certainly not alone.

Ask yourself, was what happened REALLY enough to warrant the shitstorm you've caused on every site you could think of? Yeah, mistakes happen. You're not out any money besides gas and whatever productivity you've wasting by creating, monitoring, and posting in multiple threads about the subject. (You could ask Brian to cover that as well since you had no qualms about hitting him up for $60.)
As a professional lurker, I've seen this thread in 3 different places. I agree that it looks a little excessive.

THAT SAID, I've had the same experience as far as Brian's etiquette goes, and a friend is going through the same thing right now as I stated above.

I don't think a discussion of a vendor's professionalism should be silenced. Obviously many people have had good experiences with GWR (myself included), but there are other instances where that wasn't necessarily the case. I understand that you are a heavy poster on these forums (like I said, professional here) but what you're saying doesn't invalidate a customer's negative experience.

·
Administrator
15,200 Posts
As a professional lurker, I've seen this thread in 3 different places. I agree that it looks a little excessive.

THAT SAID, I've had the same experience as far as Brian's etiquette goes, and a friend is going through the same thing right now as I stated above.

I don't think a discussion of a vendor's professionalism should be silenced. Obviously many people have had good experiences with GWR (myself included), but there are other instances where that wasn't necessarily the case. I understand that you are a heavy poster on these forums (like I said, professional here) but what you're saying doesn't invalidate a customer's negative experience.

Not my intention to try to silence the thread, but merely to encourage OP to take a step back and think about how this reflects on his reputation as well. I have no REAL dog in the fight, and will continue to order from Good-Win when it suits my personal needs, whether or not these multiple threads continue to exist or not.

The problem with a negative experience is that it's often subjective. I'd consider something like the GoMiata threads that pop up constantly as negative experiences. I'd consider this scenario a minor annoyance at best/worst.

But perhaps i'm far more tolerant than OP is.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Here's the thing:

You asked to see the entire exchange, and I gave it to you.

You called me rude for doing PRECISELY what Brian's email said I should do.

You at least implied I was lying when I said that the page didn't mention that this was a build-to-order product, and you haven't as much as acknowledged that I wasn't.

This is not a 51% wrong vs 49% wrong kind of situation.

And if there are conversations behind the scenes, so be it. There might just be a few to which I'm privy as well, you know.

I placed an order in good faith, and I was treated as a customer should not be treated. I think I have a right to let people know that.

If you want to continue dealing with him, you're completely within your rights to do that.

But would you mind telling me what the heck you think it is that I did that was "49% at fault"?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts