ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I should do an introduction. I have been on the forum for quite some time now browsing the for sale section and such. I am a proud owner of a 1990 crystal white NA with 84k on the clock. I purchased the car last December and have since then in this order installed megasquirt I, a 1.8 clutch with 6 puck disc, and a full td05 14b turbo setup currently pushing 9 p.s.i. which I pieced together for < $500. The car runs so good that I ended up selling the Mazdaspeed protege which I owned for almost 5 years as it was not as fun as the miata. Heres some pictures, let me know what you guys think.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
lol i have a white na with bronze nb wheels AND i'm in nepa as well.
my friend has a white na8 with gold nb wheels...he's not in nepa.
and now you!
lol
welcome

·
Hasa Diga Eebowai
243 Posts
Looking good. I like the wheel treatment.

-Jim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,

I have more plans for it over the winter/early spring. I picked up an old but brand new never used brainstorm performance roll bar, I plan on getting a 1.8 rear end as I don't expect the stock 1.6 rear to hold up to boost forever, and I plan on getting it repainted. I'm thinking on BMW alpine White.

·
Registered
446 Posts
lol i have a white na with bronze nb wheels AND i'm in nepa as well.
my friend has a white na8 with gold nb wheels...he's not in nepa.
and now you!
lol
welcome
Less gold nbs more your ugly ass daisies. And to be fair I'm in nepa a fair amount of time for an atlien.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have a genuine mitsubishi td05 14b pushing 9psi right now. Using the OBX manifold and downpipe (I know they are junk.) I'm wating for the manifold to crack so I can have a better one made, but its held up so far. I constructed an adjustable preload brace for it which seems to be keeping it in one piece. I found the intercooler from another user on CR, which I assume is also Ebay. Intercooler piping and couplers were pieced together using 2.25" piping I found off a turbo Volvo, and Saab which I found in the local pull it yard. I had a local friend who also has a miata weld the intercooler piping together with his Tig Welder. He does excellent work with custom fabrication and would recommend him to anyone local as he is very reasonable with cost. Megasquirt I v3.0 from DIYAutotune soldered together myself. Stock Exhaust for now, I'm Going to build an exhaust in the spring. I believe that is everything.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Another NEPA newbie - I'm in Mountain Top, which is about a half hour from you (between Wilkes Barre and Hazleton)...have to get some meets going once it warms up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts