ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey clubroadster! My name is Calvin! I live in Houston (More specifically League City, in Galveston County) I picked up a nice 91' NA today! I wanted to dive head first into the roadster community! I've always read how tight you guys are so I'm glad I can finally join you guys! I've been looking for a nice Miata or SW20 MR2 for about a year since I've sold my first project (a 1986 MKI Volkswagen Golf). I'm here to learn and to make friends. At the moment I daily a 2010 MKV Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (H&R Sport springs and Konis) it has the 2.0l TSI turbo motor that's in the new MKVI GTIs. I would really like to start going to tracks and autoX events in the Houston Tx area so if anyone could point me in the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated! I hang around and help out at W Autoworks in Friendswood/Clear Lake so some of you guys might know the owner, Keaton. I'm also a proud machinist for NASA! I never really had any friends as a small child, I would remember hanging out with my grandpa while he would work on cars and machinery (I'd consider him a master mechanic). I have a deep passion for cars, they literally mean everything to me.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

-Calvin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh! and I'll have some pictures up in the morning of my Classic red all stock NA with an OEM Hardtop! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I bought my NA from a guy who had a shop with 4 SPEC Miatas with more than 20 Miatas, he seemed like a real honest, respectable, nice and knowledgeable guy! He's going to look around for misc. parts for me to have as well as a set of new tires and rims (but we both agreed that the rims were ugly as balls). I plan on getting a Harddog roll bar, some nice coilovers, Corbeau Forza bucket seats (I'm about to search for a thread about them), a vinyl wrap, XXR sportmax 002 16x8 wheels, and a lip, mudgaurds and a touguerun spoiler!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts