ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 2153 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Re: South Texas meets, autox, and other cool ****!

I tolly agree. I have seen a ton of modded and OE Miatas here in N. Austin alone. **** I went to SA last weekend to get my leather seats, and I saw 6 just on the way down. On the way back I saw a red NA with a ole' school body kit, anyone know of that one?

I would say it would just be easier for everyone to meet up in San Marcos. Its a cool little town and therres plenty of places we could converge.

Lets make it happen fellas, we really got something good here.

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Lol @ the four-door german miata with the custom hardtop and widebody :D

So what do you guys think...next meet on thursday july 30th at one of the outlet malls in san marcos to snap some pics and then move somewhere else to eat?

·
Registered
157 Posts

Lol @ the four-door german miata with the custom hardtop and widebody :D

So what do you guys think...next meet on thursday july 30th at one of the outlet malls in san marcos to snap some pics and then move somewhere else to eat?
Thursday is actually the 29th but that sounds good to me.
Additionally (or as an alternative), there is a hot rod show in Dripping Springs on Saturday the 31st. The cars displayed are restored classics, no miata's or tuner cars, but the guy who owns the shop is really cool and there should be some neat old cars. Might be cool to meet up there, check out the cars, have some beer and barbeque and then take a drive in the hill country.
http://www.oldride.com/events/8438908.html

·
Registered
592 Posts

I'll be leaving for NM Thursday so I won't be able to make it unless y'all want to move it to Wednesday night? I'll be working on my car all day Tuesday and Wednesday swapping motors if anyone wants to help/watch/drink.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

This was a great idea. I wish we could establish a poll or something to help develop an interface to the times that we can all meet up. I think that generally, the consensus was that everyone was cool meeting up on Thursdays right? I can't come to the meet this Thursday, but I am down to come to any others. As far as meeting up in San Marcos, I live right on the edge of Austin, so if everyone wants to meet up at my place we can caravan down to SM.

I think the best car at the meet was that black miata with the four door german conversion, lol.

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I'm down to meet on any day in san marcos really. The thing that sucks tho is that I work saturdays from 10-5, so I usually can't do anything those days unless I call out in advance.

If we could get something together on wednesday the 28th, that should work out pretty well for most people it seems like!

Oh and funny story: I walk out to the parking lot after I got out of work today, and I found a note under the windshield wiper that read: "get your ghetto ass piece of **** out of this parking lot. P.S. - nice rims jackass"
:D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

I'm down to meet on any day in san marcos really. The thing that sucks tho is that I work saturdays from 10-5, so I usually can't do anything those days unless I call out in advance.

If we could get something together on wednesday the 28th, that should work out pretty well for most people it seems like!

Oh and funny story: I walk out to the parking lot after I got out of work today, and I found a note under the windshield wiper that read: "get your ghetto ass piece of **** out of this parking lot. P.S. - nice rims jackass"
:D
Thanks for the pm dude! Do you still have the headlight templates that you made or are those long gone?

I just removed a bunch from mine. Feels sluggish as **** now.:woolery:
:fab: More stickers= more power hahaha.

I'm down to meet up on the 28th!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

lol the templates were made out of grocery bags. you can replicate them in like 36.7 seconds XD
I'm going to time myself lol

Basically, you just wrapped them around the headlight and drew it on w/ a marker or something right? Which size did you order? Does anyone want to make them as well? We can save some money and throw down if someone is interested and make quite a few....

1 - 20 of 2153 Posts