ClubRoadster.net banner

1281 - 1300 of 2153 Posts

·
┐('~`;)┌
6,401 Posts
Sometime next week? Where's a cool place with a parking lot in San Marcos? The outlet mall spot has beaucoup parking lot, but I feel dirty being in a hellaplex of shameful commerce.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
My big bro is in town until the 16th, so I won't be making any meets. That being said, Nanner and/or Stoly (if you find yourself in Austin), I'll hit you up this weekend/next week to hang out. I feel like getting white girl wasted this weekend.

·
DopePhresh™
1,104 Posts
My big bro is in town until the 16th, so I won't be making any meets. That being said, Nanner and/or Stoly (if you find yourself in Austin), I'll hit you up this weekend/next week to hang out. I feel like getting white girl wasted this weekend.
oh snap. white girl wasted. I wish I was up there for that. :fab:

·
Registered
157 Posts
We need to do this meet thing soon. As soon as I off load the terd, I mean Conquest TSi, that has been taking up my garage for the last year, I plan on putting the Miata up on stands for as long as it takes to rid it of all the **** parts that I have installed and replacing them with respectable parts.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hey fellas, quick question. Didn't want to make a thread for it, so ill ask here. I have what i PRESUME and HOPE to be the HLA tick. I say "hope" because I don't want it to be an engine knock. I took it to Firestone just to get an opinion on what the mechanic thought because my mechanic is out of town. Firestone said it's a rod knock, but I don't think it is. If it is a tick, and if it's happened to you, what oil did you put it that made it go away? I've always used synthetic oil for my car. I don't have a sound clip of my actual car, but the one in the link below is 100% identical to what mine sounds like. Yes, the comments in the vid say its probably the HLA, but I want yall's opinion. Thanks guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBRygIRy3zo

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hey fellas, quick question. Didn't want to make a thread for it, so ill ask here. I have what i PRESUME and HOPE to be the HLA tick. I say "hope" because I don't want it to be an engine knock. I took it to Firestone just to get an opinion on what the mechanic thought because my mechanic is out of town. Firestone said it's a rod knock, but I don't think it is. If it is a tick, and if it's happened to you, what oil did you put it that made it go away? I've always used synthetic oil for my car. I don't have a sound clip of my actual car, but the one in the link below is 100% identical to what mine sounds like. Yes, the comments in the vid say its probably the HLA, but I want yall's opinion. Thanks guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBRygIRy3zo
Get an extra spark plug.
Car off.
Pull number one spark plug wire out, attach plug, and ground electrode on metal in the engine bay that has a good ground.
start engine
Check for noise.
If the same noise is present, move to the next cylinder.
Repeat for the next 3 cylinders.
If the noise only changes for one cylinder, you have a bad rod bearing on the cylinder.
If the noise does not change at all for all four cylinders, its more than likely in the head.

This process works a lot better on a COP system because you can pull the connector off the coil without a problem while the engine is running, but you cant pull a spark plug wire off while the engine is running without damaging the coil.

1281 - 1300 of 2153 Posts