ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. i would like to humble ask everyone advices for my sparco evo2 w/ my 94 NA. i already have the seat, i bought it from someone real cheap years ago, and now i decided that i m going to mount it.

1) is it too wide for a NA?
2) whats the most painless way of mounting it in the car (least hassle)
3) i m a 5'8 145-150 lbs guy, i never really got a chance to sit in other bucket seats before (like a normal Evo, buddy club etc etc). but how tight is a bucket seat suppose to feel? it is suppose to feel like you are not movable at all (from side to side) or it is suppose to have a little bit of room for clearence (like 1 inch total or so?) if this helps at all, i usually wear size Medium shirts.

thanks for your time, and please excuse my dumb questions, i m not very knowledgeable at this. like i said before, i got the seat for really cheap and its still somewhat consider "brand new" i suppose (sat in garage for years just never even used once). if everyone suggest that this sit is too big for me i'll probably sell this for 400 or so and get another brand that is suppose to fit me better

p.s. i only have 1 seat, which is in blue. i was wonder if it would be too weird to only have 1 seat in blue while passenger side stays stock with the seat in black color

on the side note, if u guys suggest me to get a new seat, please advice a brand that makes it in blue (for color scheme purpose, my car is white and wheels are gold)

thanks again

·
Registered
440 Posts
Check out this page from flyin miata http://www.flyinmiata.com/tech/seats.asp. This really helped me out when I was buying an aftermarket seat. It shows what specs to look for in a seat, due to the small space in a miata. As far as your Evo 2 in the miata, I think its a no go. It will be very hard to fit it in and you might be sitting crooked. I ended up getting a Sparco REV, the deal fell into my lap. This seat is made for skinnie mofos, I am a size 30-31 waist. I ended up getting bride brackets for my seat because I only use the seat for driving events and the stock seat is more daily friendly for me. I would suggest you looking into Cobra seats, best bang for the buck and they have the color you want. As far as the seats looking weird, don't worry about it. By the way I like being snug in my seat, isn't that one of the reasons for having a fixed back seat. Also go to local autox events to test fit seats.

Hope this helps,
Q

·
Mufasa in Training
31,094 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Evo will fit, but I'm not sure about the Evo2. I can tell you for sure that the shoulder wings are definitely too wide and you will have to take off the cover and cut a small arc out of the outside wing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
hello everyone. i would like to humble ask everyone advices for my sparco evo2 w/ my 94 NA. i already have the seat, i bought it from someone real cheap years ago, and now i decided that i m going to mount it.

1) is it too wide for a NA?
2) whats the most painless way of mounting it in the car (least hassle)
3) i m a 5'8 145-150 lbs guy, i never really got a chance to sit in other bucket seats before (like a normal Evo, buddy club etc etc). but how tight is a bucket seat suppose to feel? it is suppose to feel like you are not movable at all (from side to side) or it is suppose to have a little bit of room for clearence (like 1 inch total or so?) if this helps at all, i usually wear size Medium shirts.

thanks for your time, and please excuse my dumb questions, i m not very knowledgeable at this. like i said before, i got the seat for really cheap and its still somewhat consider "brand new" i suppose (sat in garage for years just never even used once). if everyone suggest that this sit is too big for me i'll probably sell this for 400 or so and get another brand that is suppose to fit me better

p.s. i only have 1 seat, which is in blue. i was wonder if it would be too weird to only have 1 seat in blue while passenger side stays stock with the seat in black color

on the side note, if u guys suggest me to get a new seat, please advice a brand that makes it in blue (for color scheme purpose, my car is white and wheels are gold)

thanks again
YOU're a bit taller and skinnier. THE Bride VIOS III will be perfect for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok so I have a Evo and I test fitted it yesterday... OMG ummm how the hell do people get these things in? Are there any pictures of install or during install of this or a similar seat? I'm about the same size as the orignial poster and I have no problems with the Evo, even with a full race suit on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I hate to thread jack, but does anyone know of any wide version seats that will fit in the miata? I need to get one for myself but I don't wanna just buy one and be disappointed when I can't get it to fit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
as I understand it almost nothing fits with out some good massaging. I have seen posts on Spec Miata boards of people with Evo2's and similar wide seats. How on Gods earth they got them in beyond me. I imagine to get my regular Evo in I will have to bang bang bang and trim the seat and door card.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts