ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of recent photos of the Miata for those who to care look at such things...

1. Sparco Ring 330mm leather steering wheel with the Daikei plug-and-play hub.

2. Custom 1.6 lb 2.25" solid steel shift knob on a modified short shifter kit (kit utilizes a longer fulcrum but the shaft has been tapped and shortened to reduce knob height to compensate - feels great!) The shift knob has been painted with BBQ grill paint which is (surprisingly) a perfect match for the black finish on the spokes of the steering wheel.

3. A horrible picture of the new (used) Hard Dog Sport single diagonal with harness bar mounted under the hardtop (better pictures coming this weekend when the hard top comes off for a few days.) Enjoy the glare!

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
looks good, Im liking the black on black with the leather, also I love seeing a rollbar under miata hardtop

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wheel is fantastic - it's absolutely worth the compromise of losing some visibility of the gauges. I'm also impressed with how stiff the car feels with the roll bar and hard top...sometimes I forget that I'm driving a convertible.

More photos if anyone happens to care:

http://picasaweb.google.com/spoom1

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did you machine the shift knob yourself? Or did you buy the sphere and go from there? I havent been able to find a good sphere to start with around here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you machine the shift knob yourself? Or did you buy the sphere and go from there? I havent been able to find a good sphere to start with around here.
A friend of mine machined the knob from a piece of 3" steel stock. If I find myself in a life-or-death situation, I'm going to drop the shift knob into one of my socks and swing it over my head like a mace...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts