ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
are we talking stock pan filter replacement, cone DIY filter, entire air intake replacement?

I'd say no though. K&N does a lot of research development and thats why it's worth more. Also because of the shear fact that it's better. There are reviews on NA and NB air intake tests and K&N came out on top. They didn't bother testing the Spectra.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You mean Spectre?

They don't make one specifically for the Miata so you would be buying modular intake components.

I bought Spectre's intake cone filter that fit in the space I needed. Each filter comes with mounting adapaters - had no problem mounting mine to the AFM.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean Spectre?

They don't make one specifically for the Miata so you would be buying modular intake components.

I bought Spectre's intake cone filter that fit in the space I needed. Each filter comes with mounting adapaters - had no problem mounting mine to the AFM.

**** my bad i ment spectre do i have to buy the whloe system if i got k&N or can you just take out the air box. sorry every one im a noob

·
I used to be cool.
3,086 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
I say, get a K&N drop in for the stock box, bring some cold air to it, and you are done.
Or.. don't waste money on a garbage filter and just do the latter.

Anything other than the stock intake on a lightly modded Miata is a waste of money that will gain you nothing but extra noise.
This is true, but I love that noise :3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts