ClubRoadster.net banner

Spill the Skinny on bulbs....

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  FooSchnickens 
#1 ·
I pretty much know all the expectations on bulbs - higher wattage bulbs, colored bulbs, HID like bulbs, you name it - but looking for feedback on the manufacturers - what experience have you had on these bulbs? Any others that are recommended...looking to find some **quality** yellow bulbs for my OTM.

Nokya brand

Koito brand

Luminics brand

PIAA brand

Polarg brand

Hella brand (I have used)

See less See more
#4 ·
not JDM but....

the Osram (not Sylvania) Silverstars
and the Philips VisionPlus

are both 50% brighter bulbs and still rated at the same wattage.

I got mine at www.suvlights.com

Basically if you want more light, those are your best two choices. If you want colors or something else, you may lose some visibility.

#5 ·
#6 ·
damn, shooulda saw this thread b4 getting some free bulbs. plans to mod bulbs for brighter ones like i did on my honda.(swap out 9006 and alter another bigger one in there)

and thats what i'll do now. i'll look into h2 or 9003 and see what is better size wise..

on the 9006 to 9005 mod in the same housing, it turned dramatically brighter with no other watt. just 50% increase in bulb size. so time for me to play around.

#8 ·
Hmm, the general consensus at .net is that silverstars burn out after about a years worth of use. Ill never know cause when I had them on the miata, when my battery died my alternator was spiking power and blew out my low beams :cry:

Ive had PIAAs before, they are definately quality, but they are usually expensive. Probably worth it though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.