ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up CR members, a few months ago i purchased a green 99 Miata from its original owner to make into my next track car while my old track car undergoes some massive love that will leave it un drivable for a good two years seeing as to i work for minimum wage and live with my girlfriend and out of the parents (good times, when all income was spendable on non-sense lol) but yea.. ive had my share of 10 or so civic/integras, 11 240sx's, 3 e30s, this is my 3rd miata, 2 s2000s and have had 5 subarus (2 05 stis, 03 wrx & 00 2.5rs). at the moment i have my Civic that ive had for a solid 6 years, ,my 05 Sti and this new addition to the gang.

my old civic track slut

and a pic of my current Daily Subaru

on to the MIATRR how i picked this bad bitch up

dude also had a lot of records and the dealer window sticker listing the Nardi, Bose, AC, Cruise Control and Torsen Options that this car got!

knowing it was going to be my track car i got a rollbar from HardDog directly, customer service was great and out of state purchases are tax free! Nice when your buying something expensive. Went with the Dual Diag w/ Harness Bar ACE model. Installing it sucked pretty bad but it wasnt anything a few beer couldnt help out with (NewCastle FTW)

the engine bay how i got it from the dude!

and bought some trendy wheels because being trendy is really cool (te37 reps, serving as daily wheels)

and some not so trendy but functional 15x7+35 Enkei RPF1s and threw on some 205/50 Azenis

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as the story goes on I went to Streets of Willow with SpeedVentures where i took the Miata bone stock w/ the exception of trendy wheels w/all season 195/50's and the rollbar.. it was an interesting learving experience and had loads of fun with it factory components

VIDEO

ended up getting slippery/greasy towards the end of the day so i figured why not drift lol or, "Unwanted Oversteer" if you will

a random photographer heard me slide around a few times and caught these awesome pics for me!

really happy that the car gave me no problems and i drove home no problem

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after that event i talked to a good friend of mine that helped sponsor out old Honda Competition and was able to help me with goods at a more than generous price that not even wholesale gets!

eibach pro street-s coils & F&R sways!

the coils!

kw guts!

the sways

front

rear

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as the story goes on i hate flying everywhere inside the car and scored a Bride ZetaIII from a good buddy of mine w/ a Crow 5pt Harness!

i went with the planted technology seat brackets and side mounts because i was able to skip having a slider for a better fixed position for 6ft tall self. install was nice and there was no trans tunnel violence needed. also ordered direct because free shipping and tax free because out of state! sorry that i dont have pic of the install but was a smooth operation. bolt down bracket, mock up seat where you want it and make holes accordingly with the massive space they give you to do so you can set up up really low and far back! pic of seat & harness installed

where do NB people bolt their right harness down to? on the outside one i was able to use the old seat belt hole, but the NB doesnt have the seat buckle hole like the NAs do, the buckle comes out w/ the seat. also wondering if there is a quick fix for the seat belt light or if im better off removing cluster to remove bulb?

after that, i went to get this aligned w. the new goods so i can race at chuckwalla 3/23!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good so far man. i love your civic build, i almost wanted to sell my miata to build a civic because of that thread.
Thanks man, and had no idea my other build would have that effect on someone. Car is a lot of fun and looking forward to driving it again in a year or so. The miata is a lot a lot slower but has.taught me a lot in only two events. I wish forced induction kits werent so expensive lol im not sure an i/h/e would get.me to the power.im looking for or used to

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How was Chuckwalla?
Chuckwalla is probably my favorite track that ive gone to thus far. (Buttonwillow CW&CCW13, Streets
o Willow CW&CCW, Big Willow and horse thief mile) I really want to go to a Laguna Seca & Thunderhill this year!

Only.conplaint.about chuckwalla is that there can be.pretty bad sand.storms to the point where you cant see where your going towards the end.of the days!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love track hatch civics. Nice work. Ready to see the Miata's future.
Thanks man, im looking forward to progress too. Removed axle back and had a muffler shop make me a turn down thats pretty neat and only $10!! Ill post a pic later. Not sure if i should invest into bolt ons or forced inductions!!??!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woo! Had a blast yesterday! Didn't really get to meet any of the challengers but did.score 2nd place in the street.class with a.2:12!! Really happy with the time and video in the works! Looking forward to the next event.if The hff is on the same day!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts