ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my hands on a set of OEM splashguards/mudflaps to put on my white '94 Miata.. so... now, do I clean them up and put them on (black), or do I clean them up, prime them and paint them body color (white), or do I paint them and the rockers white?

Currently, my car has an OEM R-Package front lip (black) and trunk spoiler (white).

Does anyone have any photos of any of these variations?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Black lip + black rockers = black mudguards...imo

I don't know how well paint will stick or flex but my car has already scratched up the bottom of the front mudguards. And to mention they did flex a lot too. Never scraped the rears though (too high up).

Being lowered they will go through some abuse.

I'd rather not be worried if the paint chips or scratches. But having everything painted does make the car look lowered even more!

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I say leave the lip, rockers and mudguards all black. Painting the rocker makes the car look more 'obese'. Look at photos of my car.

If you leave the front lip black- sometimes it kind of disappears. So to counteract that you should have a sticker on there. Just to annouce 'hey look at me, I'm here!'

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jesseclee - thanks, I looked at your car - I wouldn't say it looks 'obese' by any means... I think having the rockers painted body color just helps make the car look lower.. yours looks nice. I'd like to see some photos of someones car with black splashguards on it, so I can see how they look..

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking around Cardomain.com and found this white one with painted rocker and mudflaps... looks great..

·
Registered
514 Posts
eh... black for the win. White makes em look like boat rudders IMO.

-Jeremy

·
CR.net Supporter
185 Posts
I was looking around Cardomain.com and found this white one with painted rocker and mudflaps... looks great..
I think it looks fine all white, but with those splashguards you definately need to be rocking some type of front lip spoiler...

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Wow, I wouldn't go with the white "rocker panel." Leave it and the mudflaps black. I agree on the statement that you'll need a front lip to go with it though.

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll get a photo for you guys tonight.. I've got the black splashguards, left the rockers black, and have the black R-Package lip, I think it looks ok..

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok... here are some photos...

Attachments

·
3,857 Posts
Looks good but I think color coded would look better ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts