ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched, but have seen nothing about the sportmax 002 15.7 +38 wheel. Everything I have found is about the 15x8 with 0 offset, but they can only run 195 tires w/o rubbing, look nice but i am not one to sacrifice performance for looks. It seems to me that this wheel would be better suited to the miata, but for some reason nobody seems to have them.

Here is a link to an online store that sells the wheels. I would like to buy a set, but i am hesitant because I have not seen a picture of this rim on a miata.

http://www.performancewheel.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=187&category=&secondary=9&gacid=906

·
Registered
508 Posts
your link is to a bug for sale

·
3,857 Posts
Well somebody in the forum said that the 15x7 rubs inside (I guess in the front)...
I'm know quite sure why, since the offset is right...
BTW I was thinking to buy two 15x7 ET35 for the front tires and two 15x8 ET for the rears.
You see I like it most when the rear wheels stick out a bit more but for the above case it might be too much of a difference.

I think that we have to create a group buy for 002 15x8 ET20...

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that the 15x7 et38 have very small lip :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would actually like a 15x8 +25 - 30. Might not stick out as much but i could actually fit some bigger meat on there (thinking 225). Also it would look mean from the back with all that rubber on a little tiny car.

However ... Nobody has the 15x7 +38? I really dont mind the smaller lip, but i would sort of like to see what it looks like. I am interested in buying a set and if i really wanted to, i could raise the offset about 10mm with a spacer before lugnut realestate got short.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
BTW I was thinking to buy two 15x7 ET35 for the front tires and two 15x8 ET for the rears.

I think that we have to create a group buy for 002 15x8 ET20...

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that the 15x7 et38 have very small lip :(

uhhh yeah.......there is no such thing as the 002s in 20 offset, but u are correct about the small lip on the high offsets blehhh, and wouldnt a staggard set so extreme just lead him straight in to a wall due to understeer?

·
Registered
239 Posts
+38 shouldn't have a problem unless you're running a tire bigger than 205. then the inside may rub on full lock.

i can't do anything less than +25-ish because i have some tie-rod spacers for more steering angle!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts