ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are 15x8, will they bolt straight onto a '92 Miata? Or will I need something to help it.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
If youre lowered, youre gonna need to roll those fenders, or you could just go with some flares. They should bolt right on though.

I could be wrong but I think thats the same wheel size djsquigles has.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm ok, I'm not lowered.... yet. :lol:

I hope they do because I really want these wheels... look pretty good they only weigh about 16lbs each. Not too expensive either.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
brian-

depending on what you use your car for, you may want to carefully consider fitment before you buy them. If you work your car hard enough to fully compress your suspension, these will rub as they sit outside of the wheel arch. there have been a couple postings about fender flares available for our cars, so you may consider that.

thats what I am doing fwiw...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, never noticed that because the only Miata I have seen them on HAD fender flares... :p

Other than it going beyond the fender, will it bolt right on fine?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Wed May 10, 2006 3:44 pm]yeah. it will bolt on.
Thanks Matt! You are definitely one of my favorite posters here on RJDM. =D>

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
\:D/

thats got to be the first time I've heard that. lol I kind of assumed most people thought I was an A$$. :p

happy to help. Those wheels will bolt onto the hub, but if I remember correctly, those have a pretty aggressive offset. if you are building a car that drives nicer than it looks, i wouldn't get them...

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Just remember. You will rub, so be prepared to have your fenders rolled or do the flare thing...

it is a 15x8 +0, exactly what I am running. So I know what is invlovled with making them work with no flares.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just remember. You will rub, so be prepared to have your fenders rolled or do the flare thing...

it is a 15x8 +0, exactly what I am running. So I know what is invlovled with making them work with no flares.
For sure Paul, I saw your Equips and how you had to roll your fenders.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
^

Yes please enlighten us as my sportmax002's will be here in 1-2 months (backorder)

·
Registered
32 Posts

Could you be a little more specific about the fender rolling process you did with your Miata? Can you use the plastic shield under the front fenders still?

Thanks,
BC

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can do it yourself... just get a bat :D

Or you can have someone cut and roll them for like 30-50 dollars a fender.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a fender roller tool that I purchased coming in on friday. I was just wondering if you were still able to run the plastic splash guards under the front fenders.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
yes, i did trim my plastic liners I only have the rear part of plastic.

All plastic liner clips were removed and inner lips roll flat with Flat hammer. Rears where rolled with a fender roller by Aerodyne Industires in Garden Grove.

My car came with aftermarket suspension so when I lowered it the camber was already pretty decent. I do not have any camber specs. Take a look at the pictures I have and take your best guess, it will be as good as mine if not better.

Trial and error kids. When I bought these wheels fitment was ofcourse not a sure thing. We knew some, very small, work had to be done.

Me and my friend did the math and figured everything out on our own.

Its pretty simple and if you enjoy cars you will not mind the extra work that goes into installing some sick lipped wheels which are obviously never ment to fit a miata with untouched fenders.

Go out and try!

-Paul

·
Registered
32 Posts
Right on Paul. Thanks for the info.Your car is actually what got me interested in Miata's. I saw it on a non Miata board.

-bc

·
4,296 Posts
lol, ty Paul for doing the math.
i have a set of 002's on right now. fenders are allready rolled for the +4 rb's, but these +0 are a bit wider, so i need to break out the bat again. just wondering if i should have someone do it with a roller, thanks for the Aerodyne rec.
ill get a pic up.
these wheels are so played , but i cant help it , i lust offset now. no other way.
i got a great deal from BRS. thanks Mike.
those guys rock.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts