ClubRoadster.net banner

Sportmax 002 Primax wheel fitment question

2K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  superboosted 
#1 ·
They are 15x8, will they bolt straight onto a '92 Miata? Or will I need something to help it.

#4 ·
brian-

depending on what you use your car for, you may want to carefully consider fitment before you buy them. If you work your car hard enough to fully compress your suspension, these will rub as they sit outside of the wheel arch. there have been a couple postings about fender flares available for our cars, so you may consider that.

thats what I am doing fwiw...

#8 ·
\:D/

thats got to be the first time I've heard that. lol I kind of assumed most people thought I was an A$$. :p

happy to help. Those wheels will bolt onto the hub, but if I remember correctly, those have a pretty aggressive offset. if you are building a car that drives nicer than it looks, i wouldn't get them...

#10 ·
Just remember. You will rub, so be prepared to have your fenders rolled or do the flare thing...

it is a 15x8 +0, exactly what I am running. So I know what is invlovled with making them work with no flares.
For sure Paul, I saw your Equips and how you had to roll your fenders.

#13 ·
Just remember. You will rub, so be prepared to have your fenders rolled or do the flare thing...

it is a 15x8 +0, exactly what I am running. So I know what is invlovled with making them work with no flares.
Could you be a little more specific about the fender rolling process you did with your Miata? Can you use the plastic shield under the front fenders still?

Thanks,
BC

#16 ·
yes, i did trim my plastic liners I only have the rear part of plastic.

All plastic liner clips were removed and inner lips roll flat with Flat hammer. Rears where rolled with a fender roller by Aerodyne Industires in Garden Grove.

My car came with aftermarket suspension so when I lowered it the camber was already pretty decent. I do not have any camber specs. Take a look at the pictures I have and take your best guess, it will be as good as mine if not better.

Trial and error kids. When I bought these wheels fitment was ofcourse not a sure thing. We knew some, very small, work had to be done.

Me and my friend did the math and figured everything out on our own.

Its pretty simple and if you enjoy cars you will not mind the extra work that goes into installing some sick lipped wheels which are obviously never ment to fit a miata with untouched fenders.

Go out and try!

-Paul

#18 ·
lol, ty Paul for doing the math.
i have a set of 002's on right now. fenders are allready rolled for the +4 rb's, but these +0 are a bit wider, so i need to break out the bat again. just wondering if i should have someone do it with a roller, thanks for the Aerodyne rec.
ill get a pic up.
these wheels are so played , but i cant help it , i lust offset now. no other way.
i got a great deal from BRS. thanks Mike.
those guys rock.

#22 ·
#26 ·
I think that whether it's worth it or not depends on what tradeoffs or compromises one is willing to live with. I don't understand what you mean by brake torque since it is what slows the car down every time I step on the middle pedal but I can live with tramlining if it means I'm 3 seconds faster than you on an auto-x course. This obviously isn't a benign street setup. Rather it's geared towards those trying to acheive a certain look or those who have lots of horsepower and/or want ultimate grip at the expense of everything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.