ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang, i'm gonna ask this on here before calling up sportmax in case anyone can help out with an answer. I was on the Sportmax site today looking at the popular 002. i know that they have the 15x8 et 0 that works nicely on the miata. but in their gallery they have a scion xb with the 002, and the caption says that they are 18" wheels, but they look rather wide, almost like the 0et wheels. when i go back to their wheel chart, the 18 only seems to come in a 7.5" width and i don't think is has the 0 et. does anyone know if they do actually have the 18" in a 0 et available?

here is a pic from their site of the XB with the 002's that are supposedly 18"

if no one can help with an answer, then i'll try calling them up, i'm just so busy, that its easier to ask here first. i wanted to email them about this, but they don't have an email address listed on their website.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know that for that particular xB, the site says it has a custom set of 18s, but i've seen actual pics of that car with the 15x8 0et wheel, so monkey might be right about it being a photoshop.

i'm gonna try calling them to see if they can in fact make an 18" with the low offset. that would look killer.

thanks everyone
alex

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, i contacted Sportmax. the wheels in the pic are not a photoshop. they are real. they are 18" with a 0 offset, but these were custom made for that particular car. I inquired to see if they would made another set, but they said no.

two questions for all of you.
1. would anyone be interested in a wheel like that for their roadster? an 18"x8" with a 0 offset? maybe if we can get enough people interested, they would make them.

2. does anyone on here have a direct contact at sportmax that maybe you can talk to them and see if they would make another custom set for me.

thanks
alex

·
3,857 Posts
The 18" look like huge to me, I think 16" is a good size IMHO...

·
Registered
405 Posts
I run 17s on the widebody, and they are beautiful in my opinion. A bit tall, but very pretty'

Id be interested in a set, but Id prolly need bigger than even 8 in the rear. Maybe you could convince them in another design that they already have proper offset. That way they just have to drill it diffrent, verses breaking out the tools to do up the entire wheel'

·
Registered
465 Posts
id be interested too, been starting to shop around for some rims and so far my criteria is black with a deep polished lip, and 18". too bad they arnt normally available, id almost run those with red if they were lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts