ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some aftermarket springs to go with a set of Koni Yellows I have already and was wondering if anyone on here have suggestions on what springs to go with. I've looked around a bit but I'm still pretty noob... Anyways, It's for my NA. I want to be lower but not slammed and my car is my DD. I considered Racing Beat springs but i've heard mixed reviews on the stiffness - that they aren't stiff enough? Thanks in advance.

here's my car for reference...

·
Registered
920 Posts
My Flyin Miata springs on my Konis are VERY stiff.

·
Murse Magnet
7,797 Posts
if you just want to go lower I am pretty sure koni yellows are adjustable for how low the spring goes. I would just to lower it more to a point that I like.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you just want to go lower I am pretty sure koni yellows are adjustable for how low the spring goes. I would just to lower it more to a point that I like.
Yeah, they are but I dont want to use stock springs. they are too wide that my tires rub against them when i turn.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have 400lb QA1s in the front and 300lb suspension techniques in the rear on koni yellows with FM rear tophats.
I am also using cheap ebay sleeve coilovers but just the adjustable aluminum sleeves. the springs were tossed out never used in favor of my current spring setup.
still rides well for being lowered (not slammed) and handles awesome plus i have full adjustability.

·
Supporting Member
142 Posts
QA1's are highly regarded and at about $40 per, they really can't be beat. They have most spring rates and lengths. Check them out at summitracing. I'm running ~#500 ebay springs in the front and #300 QA1's in the back on my Koni Sports. No complaints.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 400lb QA1s in the front and 300lb suspension techniques in the rear on koni yellows with FM rear tophats.
I am also using cheap ebay sleeve coilovers but just the adjustable aluminum sleeves. the springs were tossed out never used in favor of my current spring setup.
still rides well for being lowered (not slammed) and handles awesome plus i have full adjustability.
What would you say about getting QA1's in front AND back?

QA1's are highly regarded and at about $40 per, they really can't be beat. They have most spring rates and lengths. Check them out at summitracing. I'm running ~#500 ebay springs in the front and #300 QA1's in the back on my Koni Sports. No complaints.
wow, at $40 per, I think I am leaning towards getting QA1's. Thanks for the reference to summitracing, albert!

thanks for all the suggestions so far, everyone!

·
Registered
346 Posts
^With QA1s you need to run coilover sleeves. I recommend Flyin' Miata springs; they're not uncomfortable yet they are still a very capable spring.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
^With QA1s you need to run coilover sleeves. I recommend Flyin' Miata springs; they're not uncomfortable yet they are still a very capable spring.
ohh, coilover sleeves... good point. even if i went with cheap coilover sleeves (say ~$20 per) and the QA1's, would you say the FM set would be more worth it?

i also saw this in the description of the FM springs... not recommended for koni sports?
"Also not recommended for the combination of Koni Sports and FM upper rear mounts on the 1990-97 cars, which can result in coil bind if too short a bumpstop is chosen."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts