ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my travels of Clubroadster.net I came across some posts about wanting a Stainless Steel Brake line kit group buy. Well, I think I figured out a way I can make that happen for everyone.

We gave you all a nice Christmas present with our shifter bushing group buy, here's a way to get the new year off to a great start and make sure you all keep your eyes on us in 2012!

Here are the details:

This kit is made by Techna-Fit and will fit standard brake model (normal suspension) 1990-2005 Mazda Miata's. If I get more than enough people wanting the 2001-2005 sport model kits, I will work something out for you all too after this buy.

Interested yet? :fab: Well if so, here is the important information, read carefully:

1. No minimum order quantity commitment. A $75 pre-order will secure you a kit when the group buy ends.

2. Upon placing your pre-order (see below), we will put your order on "backorder" status until the lines ship. We will not charge your card until after the two week group buy period has ended, so if you want to cancel the order during the two weeks, nothing would have been charged to your card.

3. There is a $5 flat handling fee for shipping costs. We will ship the kit anywhere in the US to you for only $5. The product page might say "Free Shipping", but just be aware that we added in the flat rate $5 shipping cost under the guise of "handling" for simplicity.

4. That's it! Placing your pre-order using the link to our product page below will put you on the list. We WILL NOT charge your card until the end of the group buy.

5. Use this link to place your pre-order:
http://5xracing.com/i-8146154-clubroadster-net-group-buy-for-techna-fit-stainless-steel-brake-line-kit-for-1989-2005-mazda-miata-mx-5.html

Let me know if you have any questions!
Enjoy :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get the front and rears separate if need be, but it will be a regular order item and not privy to a group buy, unless that is what everyone wants and I can get 20+ orders for them...

Doesn't look like this group buy has any interest when I thought it would after reading requests for a brake line group buy on the clutch line group buy threads. Unfortunately I will probably pull the plug on it if I don't get at least 10 pre-orders. Regular price will go up to match the competitions at $95 a set, so if anyones interested...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Interested in 01-05 sport brake lines if that happens... Waiting for a good deal on lines to install the brakes I have on my shelf.

·
Registered
920 Posts
You'd get more of a bite at miata.net and some more potential buyers at mazdaroadster.net and miataturbo. There isn't going to be 20 people on one forum that need to replace their lines all at once, and a $20 discount won't convince those that have working lines already.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think the interest in this will depend heavily on JSC's price when they do their group buy, because they offered a discount on the brake lines to those of us who bought the clutch line from them. **** gets tricky when two vendors offer group buys on the same exact product at the same time. Now if only we could get a group buy war going on megasquirt PNP or turbo kits....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You'd get more of a bite at miata.net and some more potential buyers at mazdaroadster.net and miataturbo. There isn't going to be 20 people on one forum that need to replace their lines all at once, and a $20 discount won't convince those that have working lines already.
Advertising on 3 other forums is not really in our cards right now unfortunately, this one was expensive enough for our little operation that spends all of it's profits on racing...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the interest in this will depend heavily on JSC's price when they do their group buy, because they offered a discount on the brake lines to those of us who bought the clutch line from them. **** gets tricky when two vendors offer group buys on the same exact product at the same time. Now if only we could get a group buy war going on megasquirt PNP or turbo kits....
I didn't see any other group buys on brake lines when I posted this, didn't think we were offering one at the same time as jsc, however I'd be interested to see their price when it comes out.
Not much wiggle room on profits with group buys for us, we do them mostly to get our name out there and have new people check us out in sacrifice of making any money.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So when is the drop dead date to commit? I am buying lines this season for sure, but I've been out of work for a bit. I start a new job Monday and really wanna get in on this but I have resolved to not use the CC for car part purchases in 2012 so I need a payday first.
The deadline is really dependent on who placed a pre-order and if they are willing to pay up front before we ship the lines. When an order is placed, the credit card info is only valid in our system for 30 days before it expires and we have to call you and ask you for your card info again, which is a pain in the ass. Right now, I have it set up for pre-ordering on our site that started on January 3rd, so essentially the latest I can charge everyone is near the end of the month before the 30 day window. If you place a pre-order now, our system authorizes your card for the total amount to make sure you have the funds (pending charge, kinda like a placeholder charge to make sure the funds are actually there if we were to capture them), then when the order ships we finalize the order and charge the card.

It looks like this group buy is going kinda slow, so we might be looking at extending it to get some more orders in.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Id be willing to join in if you can guarantee the $75 price. I'm going to have to wait till the order is about to happen to place mine though. I think an updated list with how many more buyers is needed would be beneficial.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Id be willing to join in if you can guarantee the $75 price. I'm going to have to wait till the order is about to happen to place mine though. I think an updated list with how many more buyers is needed would be beneficial.
If you read the post, they won't charge you until the group buy is a go - if it falls through, no one gets charged. If it goes through, the price is what it is. I don't think they're going to get a bunch of people lined up for a GB and then charge them more than they were told because they couldn't get enough people (don't think they'd stay in business long with that attitude)...So get your name on that list so we can get our brake lines!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts