ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these on eBay for a set of 4 Stagg shock for $128 but it seems to good to be true are they good or just the same cheap eBay crap I look them up and found some good reviews but also some really bad ones to so wanting to know if there's anyone who has tried them or is willing to give them a shot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGG-SHS-SET-4-SHOCKS-MAZDA-MIATA-90-97-/120917141517?_trksid=p4340.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222001&algo=SIC.CURRENT&ao=1&asc=11&meid=335749165554906346&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=1&

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
Are you really asking if four shocks for less than the price of one good one are going to be decent? Maybe not a bad choice for OEM replacement?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Rhymes with swagg.. Also has two gs... Seems legit as ****. Go for it and report back with your findings, young jedi.

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
Seems expensive. But that's the price you pay for Swagg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'm buying them in 4 weeks got to get some money first also doing a 1" drop while I'm at it any suggestions on some good springs that wont break the bank.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,250 Posts
At least waste your money on racelands

Also, if it takes you a month to save enough money to buy these, you shouldn't be modding a car

·
R U ?
7,134 Posts
he's gotta hustle the pool tables and sell cocaine on the corner first.. and we all know once you got cocaine...you have to get hookers..

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts
Well I'm buying them in 4 weeks got to get some money first also doing a 1" drop while I'm at it any suggestions on some good springs that wont break the bank.

you will be very disappointed if you spend a months worth of money on these things.....like someone said before...get racelands.

......woah....did i really just say that

·
Registered
889 Posts
When these blow you're going to be very disapointed and wishing you got something decent. Do it right the first time. Learn from other peoples mistakes.

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts

If it takes 4 weeks to come up with $128, then i would suggest you keep your car in stock form.

Also: Good springs + shitty shocks = epic fail.

·
Drive on the limit.
293 Posts
I actually have a set of STAGG shocks on my NA Miata. I've had them for almost a year and they have been excellent so far. No problems and they are just as good as the KYB's they replaced if not smoother overall. The KYB's were a bit harsh on the small bumps ie. bad roads on slower speeds. My buddy that drove the car said that they felt a lot like the Tokico HP's he has.

Anyway, just adding some info.

Dan

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
So comparing unknown brand crappy shocks against know brand crappy shocks means something? If these are even on the radar at this price point you cant afford to mod your car. Hell its boarder line if you can even afford to own a car.

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,880 Posts
This thread makes my brain hurt. I suggest just maintaining your car for right now since it seems to be a monumental task to come up with a measly $128. Wait until you have a better cash flow before you start modding your car and for **** sake have some self decency and buy known quality parts for your car. You'll be more likely to chew on the end of a gun barrel if you buy shitty parts that take a **** on you a few months or less down the road causing you grief than you would with good stuff that will last.

·
Drive on the limit.
293 Posts
So comparing unknown brand crappy shocks against know brand crappy shocks means something? If these are even on the radar at this price point you cant afford to mod your car. Hell its boarder line if you can even afford to own a car.
If you're trying to get your car on the road and have a comfortable ride at the fraction of the cost of having another brand that will provide you with similar results then the Stagg shocks are the way to go. Some people just can't afford to spend Thousands of dollars on suspension bits. Sure, if you're looking for a pure performance oriented product then go ahead and spend the cash, but if you own a car that you drive daily and need a set of shocks to replace your factory shocks that still provide you with plenty of comfort and added handling then the Stagg Shocks will work for you as they have for me so far. Plus with a lifetime warranty i'm not sure you can really go wrong.

Dan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts