ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had this car since 2007 and have done little to nothing to it because of a ton of other projects and hobbies getting in the way. One of them being 4x4ing here in Colorado. I finally scratched that itch and decided that I needed another fun driving/track car. So, in the last 6 months I've started to get this thing going again.

I had put a suspension on it a while ago but at that time, getting it low was more important than track performance and I got a great deal on Tokico HTS's and Eibach Sportlines. I've come to the realization that the shocks are great but the springs are under-sprung for track use. Will be switching back to an adjustable coilover set up that I've used in previous cars.

I've recently installed the Flyin' Miata BBK on all four corners...

Next thing was wheels/tires. I've been waiting on my wheels for 4 months now, Rays takes foooorrreeeeeevvvvvver to ship. I will probably be matching the ZE40's with Hankook RS3's 245/40 17.

Meanwhile, the weather is getting nicer here in Colorado so I'll be taking care of some much needed exterior TLC. This car sat outside without a garage in Colorado seasons for 4 years, not to mention shitty Colorado drivers. It's been hit by a light runner with no insurance as well as numerous door dings.

The goal is to have this thing ready for the track by May. : 3gears:

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got the Volks in and decided to go with 235/40 Nitto NT05's and Project Kics R40 Iconix lugs. Next on the list is the new suspension and some power goodies.

Attachments

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
You're sitting that low on Eibach Pro kit?

What coillovers are you thinking of running?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're sitting that low on Eibach Pro kit?

What coillovers are you thinking of running?
Oops, I'll need to edit that. They're the Eibach Sportlines.

I am kind of confused as to why Tein doesn't offer any of their higher end coilovers in the NC fitment. I've always used them and have always been happy on my other applications. I think the Ohlins are probably the best to go with as far as quality/money.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I somehow missed that they made the Mono Sport for the NC. I can't find them for less than 1550. That's stiill quite a bit cheaper than the Ohlins though.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
You won't find them cheaper than that. Let's just say I coulda saved you $600 on your wheels.

View from my desk:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! I saved a good chunk of change going through Evasive on Cyber Monday. Getting the wheels, centercaps, and Kics R40 Iconix lugs. Don't know if it adds up to 600 in savings though. lol

I'll have to keep you in mind for future wheels. You don't have a Garage Vary or Tomei hook up, do you? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've recently received another batch of goodies and have started throwing it all on the car. Front lip, roll bar, single race muffler and Meister R CRD+ coilovers.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Nice pics! What front lip is that?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice pics! What front lip is that?
Ebay special. Think the dude lists it as a GV Style front lip. I'm just using it to see if spending 700 on a front lip will be worth it. Depending on how often I scrape and beat this one up. So far, Denver streets have not been kind to it.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Part of the reason I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on a lip. It needs it so badly, but I'd lose my **** if I cracked it. If you're ever thinking of getting Chargespeed or NOPRO or GV even, let me know! I can't decide between those three but my discount on Chargespeed is amazinggg haha

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm dead set on getting the NOPRO carbon front lip. REV9 is quoting 700 shipped.....that's tough to pull the trigger on. Feel free to PM me what kind of prices you can get. I'm also looking at the GV carbon rear diffuser and the NOPRO carbon rear ducktail spoiler. Do what I did and just throw this cheap lip on in order to get used to driving with it and if you get the first scrapes out of the way on a cheap lip, who cares? For the price I have found it to fit well and be very durable.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts