ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm starting to wonder if all the work I've done on my car has made it worse. Wider wheels, stickier tires, stiff coils, big front sway, DIYPNP, etc. The car is faster but honestly I don't know if it's any more fun at this point. I like building the thing, I like working on it, but I don't know if I made it any better.

I'm very tempted to eschew the whole go fast or go home part modifications and just to put all back to semi-stock. Maybe it's just the season and not being able to drive it, but I don't remember being as excited about the car as I did when I bought it :|

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well everything I've read about the miata is that Mazda pretty much prefected it and even little changes like wider wheels can have adverse effect on it. I guess thats why people Miata .net give us so much crap about changing this outside of specs. Sorry you feel this way after investing so much money into your car.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
I know your feeling. Unless I'm at a driving event I much prefer softer near stock Miatas on all season tires for street driving. Limits are low, suspension soaks everything up, it's wallowy, hell it's just fun.

Give me a silky smooth racetrack (bumpy is fine too) and I love my car once again and the mod bug comes back. Always wanting more.

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with the above. Come on the mnmazda spring cruise. Problem solved.
Sold.. as long as there are other Miatas for the inevitability of being left in the dust XD.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I think I might be just a bit nostalgic tonight. I'll sit on it for a while.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Well everything I've read about the miata is that Mazda pretty much prefected it and even little changes like wider wheels can have adverse effect on it. I guess thats why people Miata .net give us so much crap about changing this outside of specs. Sorry you feel this way after investing so much money into your car.
:roll:

Bronto, your car is RUINED! How dare you change what Mazda did 20 years ago! Technology has never advanced since that point in time, everything since its conception is a waste.

Quit while you are so very far behind. Give me your car, and all its parts. I will make sure they are disposed of correctly.

Again I will restate, HOW DARE YOU!

·
Registered
453 Posts
this is why i have two miatas

·
Registered
747 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen your car before, but it looks good. Owning any car for 4 years will make you growt tired, but maybe you just need to experience something new with it. Man, sounds like I'm talking about a woman.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I get the feeling of selling my car every couple of months. Idk why, but I do. Maybe it's because its my DD. Ive put a good amount of money into it as well. I guess all you can do is think back and remind yourself as to why you grew to love the car in the first place, and continue on forward with it.

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
Put some shitty tires on it, and do an AutoX or something like that. It's definitely a lot more fun on crap tires!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don't think you ruined the car. As long as you chose quality parts that enhance the car then why would you ever go back to stock? I was driving around a stock Miata today and it just doesn't compare to my street/track setup car. I would never want to go back to stock, but I'm biased.

·
Registered
688 Posts
:roll:

Bronto, your car is RUINED! How dare you change what Mazda did 20 years ago! Technology has never advanced since that point in time, everything since its conception is a waste.

Quit while you are so very far behind. Give me your car, and all its parts. I will make sure they are disposed of correctly.

Again I will restate, HOW DARE YOU!
I didn't say he ruined the car and I'm all for modding them. I've changed alot of stuff to mine. Just because the parts are newer does not always make them better. I agree with some of the other posts, sometimes if your haven't driven it in a while you start to question if it was all worth it. At least I have from time to time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sold.. as long as there are other Miatas for the inevitability of being left in the dust XD.
Assuming mine actually has a motor in it, that will be there. And my buddy AJ will most likely bring his NB again. And who know who else may join the party. lol.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nope, I don't think you have ruined it. Now I have ruined mine by removing the AC, power steering, reliable turbo kit in favor of new un-tested parts, and putting in a roll cage that will kill me if I ever get in a wreck without a helmet.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts